Need help with outbound CID using a Asterisk proxy

Hello All!

I recently had overtaken a Customer that has a really strange configuration (as for me at least) made by the previous company. They have a ISDN line “from outside” going into a Synway PCIe card that’s attached to an Asterisk server. ISDN has number range assigned, let’s say: 12345XX. This Asterisk is responsible for handling the numbers and direct them to either PSTN box or to another Asterisk (with FreePBX running) for voicemail and recording purposes.

At this moment - we’ve figured out, that maintaining this old PSTN box is way too expensive and ineffective (if an employee changes his desk to another location - I need to physically move his/hers phone in this PSTN box so he/she can save his/hers number). It’s really annoying. So basically - I’ve thought that we can buy some SIP desk phones (they will probably be some Yealinks) and we’ll move all the numbers from PSTN to VoIP.

But… I’ve created two users and extensions in FreePBX (541 & 526), added an outbound route that was missing and… both the numbers’ CID when I’m calling my cell are 1234500. I can’t figure out how to force them to be consistent with the extension number of the user currently logged into phone.

When I’m making an out call - in my FreePBX i can see how CIDs are beign set:

[2019-02-25 15:11:40] VERBOSE[20185][C-00000000] pbx.c: Executing [[email protected]:27] Set(“SIP/541-00000000”, “CALLERID(number)=541”) in new stack
[2019-02-25 15:11:40] VERBOSE[20185][C-00000000] pbx.c: Executing [[email protected]:28] Set(“SIP/541-00000000”, “CALLERID(name)=1234541”) in new stack

So it’s obviously trying to set as CID number an extension, instead of “Outbound CID” I’ve set in the extension settings.

Can anyone please advise me what am I doing wrong?

Do not hesitate to request any details regarding my configuration, as long as you’ll tell me how to obtain them, as I’m complete noob in telco technology :slight_smile:
Thank you in advance

I am guessing that the route that hits the ISDN is set as an “Intra-Company” route - that would cause the CID to be the calling station - here:

Look at the outbound route that references the Trunk.

1 Like

Hi Greg,

Yes indeed. That was the problem :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if I may ask here, as it’s slightly different question, but… are you aware if I need to configure seperate inbound route for each extension, or can I just create some kind of wildcard (DID: 1234XXX) so it will direct the call to particular extension (XXX) without manual stuff for each one? I must admitt - it’s kind’a ugly job if you have a 100 extensions…

If you match the extensions to the trailing digits of the DID, you can use a context for the trunk that automatically matches the DID to the Extension - no inbound routes required - look here:

It is a little cumbersome to manually create the routes, but you do have quite a bit more flexibility as to what you can do with them when you see them. Your choice.

The [from-did-direct] context may do enough so you won’t have to create individual routes.

I also use Synway cards, and the one you are using should be a T1/E1 interface card that’s managing your ISDN. You probably have a DAHDI config associated with this card, in which case, there are lots of different ways you can handle the incoming calls.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.