Need help troubleshooting why Callback doesn't work at all

Hey everyone. I’m at a loss here. I have a test Callback made called “Main Callback”. Caller ID is blank. Delay before callback I’ve done 5, 10, 20 then destination after Callback is Trunks.

I made on my IVR if you dial 8 it will do the callback. When I test it, pressing 8 immediately hangs up on me however I never receive a call back EVER! I’ve never once got it to work. I thought maybe it was because it’s not dialing # after the number on the caller ID, so I’ve even tried to enter my cell as the call back caller ID, putting # at the end and all but nothing works. Any ideas?

double check that you have the proper permissions configured in your manager.conf file.

The ones in question should look something like this:

read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate

the originate is the crux. If those are set right, then you can always trying running the callback script from the Linux command line as it is just a script. You can see the parameters that it passes if you look at the dialplan where the System() command is.

Thanks! I checked and my file looks the way yours does above. Do you know how I’d runt he script from the command line? Not very good with command line stuff here new at it!

I think I found it in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/callback

The log file says:

12/29 12:51:42 no config file found: /etc/mgetty+sendfax/callback.config
12/29 12:51:42 detaching from ctty…
12/29 12:52:05 can’t read mgetty pid file /var/run/mgetty.pid.modem: No such f$
12/29 12:52:05 no mgetty on modem, can’t use this line
12/29 12:52:05 can’t get dialout device, exiting: No such file or directory