Need help, should work but doesn't

Please note that the working local connection from Zoiper is using TCP transport, while your friend’s call is using UDP. As there is no reply to his repeated INVITEs, either UDP transport is not correctly set up, or a software firewall is blocking the INVITE.

In Asterisk SIP Settings, chan_pjsip tab, confirm that udp - 0.0.0.0 - All is set to Yes. Under 0.0.0.0 (udp), Port to Listen On should be 5060 and the other three fields should be left blank.
On the General tab, confirm that External Address and Local Networks are correctly set. If you change any of these, after Submit and Apply Config you must restart Asterisk.

If you still have trouble, turn on pjsip logger and report what, if anything, appears in the Asterisk log when your friend attempts to call.

Probably time to stop thinking your friend is an any way a reliable arbiter of basic SIP(rotocol) it just works for everyone else but you :slight_smile:

Try another client perhaps . . .

Stewart1, yes i have zoiper on my phone, and on my pc its microsip. He have tried to call my PC and my phone but nothing, same issue. he even tried to call a conference extension on my pbx and its the same.

I can confirm the Asterisk SIP settings set to YES for both UDP and TCP and that they are listening on port 5060 and that the remaining three fields are blank.
I can also confirm that my external IP is shown for External Address and that my Local Networks are correctly fille din useing 192.168.0.0/24 format
I have also submited the change, applied the change and rebooted the PBX.

pjsip logger showed nothing when my friend tried to call me.

I even reinstalled the PBX useing a earlier release of asterisk (18) and freepbx (15) on another SD card to see if the issue was related to instabilities in the release. But the same issue is happening there.

Okey so a quick update.
I havent had any luck of getting raspbx working with the latest version available, that would be Raspbios (Debian 11 bullseye) with asterisk 19 and freepbx 16. So i decided to try a earlier version of asterisk and freepbx (18 and 15) but no difference at all.
Im just about to give this upp, but i decided to try the ready made image of raspbx, but the lastest version is based on Debian 10 Buster, running Asterisk 16.13.0 & FreePBX 15.0.16.75.
And would you know it, it works straight out of the box so too speak.
My friend and i can now call each other which we couldnt do before. Now we are having issues with not hearing each other, but its step forward.

That is almost always a NAT problem on your routers, I suggest you start with

rtp set debug on

from the asterisk cli to see why the media is being misrouted or not forwarded correctly

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.