Need help determining which upgrade scripts I can use

I have a system that started out with FreePBX 2.8 / Asterisk 1.8 / Centos 6.? ( I’m not sure exactly what it was initially. )

I’ve just run the updates from Module Admin and have it up to FreePBX 2.11, and the Centos package updates up to 6.4. I still have Asterisk 1.8 and would like to get to asterisk 11 so I can install the new Google Voice module.

None of the distro upgrade scripts match my config. Is there a method to get this system caught up ?

Thanks,

Todd

Assuming that you’re running FreePBX Distro and not a FreePBX installed on a Stock Linux Distribution (like CentOS) you should be able to diagnose which version (of FreePBX Distro) your system is currently running by watching this command’s response:

cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version

Then…with this information you should be able to decide what to do next (read here) in terms of FreePBX Distro update and, consequently, in terms of FreePBX Modules’ update (available for that specific branch of FreePBX Distro your system is running).

FreePBX Distro let you to change the Asterisk’s major version in use on the system on the fly: read more here.

The Wiki has a lot of valuable informations about how to manage the Distro and the Modules (also via CLI, read here).

There also a way to convert a stock (read: base install) CentOS distribution (6.3 or 6.4) into a FreePBX Distro (if you didn’t install a FreePBX Distro itself) by using a very specific conversion script. Read more here.

I read quite a bit before I posted.

cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version -> file does not exist.

The original install was from an PiAF ISO image, but I’m unsure exactly which one. Time frame was 2 or 3 years ago. So that’s a base Centos install, then build from source. My install doesn’t match parameters for the stock conversion scripts as far as I can tell.

But thanks for the pointers. I was working on this WAY too late last night. A re-install is looking more and more promising at this point.

I would recommend you download the latest FreePBX Distro from here http://schmoozecom.com/distro-download.php

With Piaf there is not migration between Asterisk Version, with our Distro you can change between supported versions of Asterisk at any time.

If your system is not a FreePBX Distro (as you pointed out) the best you can do now is to start from the ground and install a new fresh FreePBX Distro 4.211.64-7 (x86 or x64) on your system (selecting which Asterisk version you want to try).
Kind regards, Davide.