MySQL Login

We just upgraded a client to a new FreePBX install. The client states that one of their programmers used to connect to the MySQL database and download call records. He says on the new box he has no access now. He needs a login name and password. Isn’t this just a matter of going into the MySQL admin and creating it there?

Please let me know if you need more details as far as what version of FreePBX/Asterisk. I’m really not sure how to help this client, and the tech that originally did the work is not available.

You can create a new MySQL user and grant read permission to asteriskcdrdb database.

Sorry, I am a complete newbie at this. I Googled information to do what you said, but couldn’t find anything straight forward. When I try to go into mysqladmin it tells me
password denied for user [email protected] (using password: no)

The easiest way is…
Login to the linux console.
type “mysql -u root -p” and then it’ll ask you for root password. Enter the password and hit return.

Use the following commands to create a user and grant permission to asteriskcdrdb database.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON asteriskcdrdb.* TO ‘username’@‘hostname-or-ip’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password’ ;
FLUSH PRIVILEGES:

Please refer to MySQL reference manual for more information… -> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/grant.html

Good luck.

Thank you! Like I said, I looked in Google and just got more confused. Thanks for distilling it!