My system died - I need help!

So…

I’ve had my demo setup working for a few months. I’m a few days away from demoing it to the company, and the PC that my FPBX install was set up on dies. I think it’s a motherboard failure.

Anyway, I put the hard drives into a new box and manage to boot it up though the network won’t initialize. I can still get to the files though.

My question is, can I either

a) Get the network working, if so, how?

or

b) copy relevant files from the old set of disks to a new install?

or even

c) run a command line backup to create a latest backup that I can migrate (please don’t ask me about restoring a backup, I don’t have any… cue flaming…)

Thanks in advance

Post the contents of /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

The new mother board might need different network drivers or the MAC address in the ifcfg-eth0 from the old motherboard does not match the new MAC on the new motherboard.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

I’m having a problem getting the files off the machine due to the disks being in part of an LVM volume. And I’m not sure how to mount a USB drive to copy them off!

On another not, when I booted up the machine and logged in, and error message came up saying

“exception while fetching interface information for eth1: [Ernno 99]cannot assign requested address”

I looked for a ifcfg-eth1 file but it didn’t exist so I create one from the ifcfg-eth0 file. Still no joy…

I have a feeling I may need network drivers…

I knew it had to be simple!!

I’ve just run the following command which gave me a TUI to configure networking.

[root@localhost ~]# system-config-network-tui

It gave me an interface which allowed me to reconfigure networking. Job done and system up and running again!

Now to make a backup…