MWI for SPA962

I just deployed a bunch of Linksys SPA942s and SPA962s. The issue I’m having is with the Message Waiting Indicator for the SPA962s. They are not turning red when the phone has a voicemail. I have tried upgrading the firmware from 5.1.15(aSC) to 6.1.3a with no success.

I tested the SPA962s on my dev pbx and my production pbx. The MWI fuction does not work on my production pbx but it does on my dev pbx. I have gone to the extremes by configuring the same phone for both pbx just to make sure it’s not a physical/firmware issue.

On my production environment (Running PIAF 1.4 and Running Asterisk Version 1.4.21.2 & Asterisk Source Version 1.4.21.2) the MWI does not work. The PBX End Point Manager addon is running 1.03.

However on my dev environment (Running PIAF 1.2 and Running Asterisk Version 1.4.21.2 & Asterisk Source Version 1.4.21.2) the MWI does work. The PBX End Point Manager addon is running 1.02.

Both configs for endpoint provisioning are the same. I have also downgraded my endpoint manager addon to 1.02 for my production environment with no luck on the MWI.

I have included the sip debug logs for my dev and production servers as I leave a voicemail to an extension.

Dev Logs: http://pastebin.com/m61e38b63
Production Logs: http://pastebin.com/m7ed282dd

Anyone have any idea on how I fix the Message Waiting Indicator issue?

I have a fix for this. I am a newbie, so I don’t know if my fix will break other things! So beware! Go to the extension configuration page. Scroll down to the Device Options section and then to the mailbox options field. The default is: EXTENSION_NO@device. So for Extension 301, the field reads:

301@device

I removed the “@device” so only the extension number is in the field. This has fixed the MWI light on my SPA962. When I leave a voicemail, the light is illuminated. I hope that my fix does not break anything else, and that this helps you out.

I forgot to mention, this same fix also works for the voicemail light on the SPA941’s as well.