Music on Hold

Hello, I am unable to get any music on hold to play. When I first install trixobx the MOH worked with the default music, but I wanted to change it so I moved the .ulaw files to a backup directory and put my own ulaw files. However I was unable to hear my on hold music, so I tried putting the original ulaw files back but no music on hold played. When I put some one on hold there is silence. In the logs I see " – Music class default requested but no musiconhold loaded." Does any one know how I should o about fixing this problem? Let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks for the help!
Carlos

musiconhold.conf
;
; Music on hold class definitions
; This is using the new 1.2 config file format, and will not work with 1.0
; based Asterisk systems
;
#include musiconhold_custom.conf
#include musiconhold_additional.conf
random=no

[Pandora]
mode=files
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/Pandora/
random=no
[default]
mode=files
directory=/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/
random=yes
[none]
mode=files
directory=/dev/null

Hello, sorry for posting in the wrong area, I am new to trixbox and I thought freePBX was a mod of trixbox. I did post this in the trixbox forum too, but it seems to be down right now.

Thanks!
Carlos
Eng15ine

trixbox uses an old, end of life version of FreePBX.

You should seek help in the trixbox.org forum. This forum is for FreePBX users.

The trix forum isn’t down.

The exact opposite of what you say is true…trixbox is a fork of FreePBX and it has not been updated in almost 2 years. It is based on an end of like unsupported version of FreePBX. It also uses an ancient version of Asterisk.

trixbox users are really missing out on the the latest updates in usability and security.

Stay tuned to this web site for an annoucement that is going to give users a real option.

I think I will be trying to install & configure FreePBX to replace my trixbox server. I am running Trixbox in a Virtualized environment so if I need to go back to a working phone system I can quickly. It just kills me that I have spent so much time configuring Trixbox with my linksys spa, but I think that the best way to learn is to redo & troubleshoot problems. I also see that Google Voice can be configured to work with FreePBX so I am looking forward to the install!

Thanks
Carlos
Eng15ine

I think you will like freepbx and adapt to it quickly.

google voice can work in freepbx but just understand that it looks like google made some kind of change that requires you to press 1 to accept the call whereas prior to this change, the call would automatically be connected when you answered.

http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/users/google-voice-press-1-has-occured