Music on hold instead ring tone for ring group not works

Hello,

I’ve set a custom music in ring group settings.

Into console I see:

• Started music on hold, class ‘music-on-hold-no-ivr’, on channel ‘PJSIP/anonymous-00002846’
    == Using SIP RTP Audio TOS bits 184
    == Using SIP RTP Audio TOS bits 184 in TCLASS field.
    == Using SIP RTP Audio CoS mark 5
    == Using SIP RTP Audio TOS bits 184
    == Using SIP RTP Audio TOS bits 184 in TCLASS field.
    == Using SIP RTP Audio CoS mark 5
    – PJSIP/201-00002848 connected line has changed. Saving it until answer for PJSIP/anonymous-00002846
    – PJSIP/201-00002847 connected line has changed. Saving it until answer for PJSIP/anonymous-00002846
    – PJSIP/201-00002847 is ringing
    – PJSIP/201-00002848 is ringing

It seems to working well because I see “Started music…”

but I hear normal tone ring!

Please can anyone help me?

regards

Whatever the endpoint is that doesn’t have a proper endpoint or has a bad match/permit setting, probably doesn’t support early media. If they are are commercial network operator, that is quite likely, as the caller cannot be billed for early media. You will need to answer the call (which may start billing for the caller) for music on hold to be treated as normal media.

It looks like you do this with Forced Answer: Yes, in the advanced tab of the inbound route.

Note is is very unusual to need the anonymous match in chan_pjsip, unless you accept direct direct SIP calls from arbitrary callers. The match/permit mechanism in chan_pjsip allows you to match whole sub-networks at a service provider. With chan_sip, you needed a separate incoming section for each address the provider could send from, which sometimes meant that allowguest was needed, but that is not the case for chan_pjsip.

1 Like

hello my friend, thanks very much! it works!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.