Multiple registrations on PJSIP

This might be a little long winded so bear with me. I am not totally au fait with all the correct terminolgy regarding AOR’s, devices, contacts and Auths but I will try my best.

I believe the main question I have is, whether it is possible to have 2 contacts register from the SAME IP address. Why would you want to do that I hear you ask. Well let me try to explain.

So using the Max contacts setting, I can have the following:
Endpoint: 1352/1352 Not in use 0 of inf
InAuth: 1352-auth/1352
Aor: 1352 5
Contact: 1352/sip:[email protected]:5060 2ed7b2ccba Avail 6.312
Contact: 1352/sip:[email protected]:5060 311807ba5c Avail 10.534
Contact: 1352/sip:[email protected]:5060 5d9cd7577d Avail 66.557
Identify: 1352-identify/1352

This is all fine and works as I expect. However, I have some DECT (Yealink W56) phones where you can have multiple handsets sharing the same base and therefore the same IP address which looks like this:

Endpoint: 3149/3149 Not in use 0 of inf
InAuth: 3149-auth/3149
Aor: 3149 2
Contact: 3149/sip:[email protected]:5060 bd41c445bf Avail 31.690
Identify: 3149-identify/3149

In the above I have 2 handsets both registered using ext 3149 and can make outgoing calls but using Account 1 and Account 2 on the base, ie. the exact same details entered under both accounts so that it registers that there are TWO “contacts” (AORs??) available to take calls. However unlike when the contacts come from different IP addresses like in the first example, asterisk does not recognise the 2nd contact. So when I dial ext 3149, only one of the handsets will ring whereas in my first example, all 3 handsets would ring.

Now obviously I could use the settings on the DECT base to make both handsets ring and this is what I have been doing. So why change it?? Well previously I was directing my inbound calls directly at the extensions. However I now have the requirement to have queues in place for call stats and more flow control etc. When the queue routes a call to the agent logged in on the DECT handset, it will not ring the second handset with the second call, it just goes to the failover destination. So I summised that the queue only sees that there is one handfree free to take the call as asterisk is not aware that there are 2 DECT handsets attached to the single base. Hence why I figured that perhaps having both handsets registering separately yet as the same extension number might make the second handset visable to asterisk.

I am also aware that giving the 2 DECT handsets individual extension numbers would probably solve my issue but I am reluctant to do so if it can be avoided as then I have to create ring groups to ring both of the phones and it intergrate so well with the extension numbering scheme.

Hope that all kinda makes sense and someone has some ideas, even if it is just a “no” to my main question.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.