Multiple PBX's All Getting BUSY on outbound calls

Today I have seen today all of our PBX’s failing outbound calls with BUSY, there are multiple routes that could have completed the call from different providers so it’s NOT the SIP provider causing the issue. These servers are in different states, different ISP’s etc and I even manually changed the route to go to specific providers all in turn returning the BUSY with many of the calls actually NOT showing up on the provider side.

In searching I found here a reference to the Call Routing module at one time causing a similar problem.
The thing that is getting to me is that it was on ALL of the PBX’s, all in the same time window with NOTHING common between the PBX’s.

Any ideas?

The error is common between the PBXes :slight_smile:

Check NAT and trace the call with

asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvr

then post the output here.

These are all established working for several months, in different networks, with different firewalls etc, they all could not possibly have a nat issue at the SAME EXACT time, which is the only reason why I posted…

The only update that went out between yesterday and today was to Bria; I’m not sure what sort of update cycle these machines are on though.

I could try to help with a call stack from /var/log/asterisk/full or asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvr if you wouldn’t mind providing one :slight_smile:

I haven’t updated anything in over a week so this is not something introduced recently.
Let me see if I can sanatize some of the log information. It’s just too much of a coincedence thay all did it in the same time window.

I’m about to take a lunch break, any luck with logs/resolving this?

I would investigate the output of:-

crontab -l -u asterisk;crontab -l -u root

which would list any cron jobs for asterisk and root that might be on a schedule.

This issue came up on more than 10 servers at the same time.
Several Boxes running different versions, including the older branch.
I tried 3 of them and everything looks normal, see below:

1 Box: PBX: crontab -l -u asterisk;crontab -l -u root 0 0 * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/ampbackup.php 4 13 * * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx-cron-scheduler.php 0 1 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/backup.php --id=3 */60 * * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/storage.php 22 4 * * * php /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/abnormal.php 2>&1 >/dev/null 43 3 * * 0 php /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/update_license.php 2>&1 >/dev/null #0,15,30,45 * * * * /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart 1>/dev/null 27 * * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx-cron-scheduler.php 0,15,30,45 * * * * /root/cdrexport/cdr.sh 1>/dev/null

Another:
-bash-4.1# crontab -l -u asterisk;crontab -l -u root
57 * * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx-cron-scheduler.php
0 0 1 * * php /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/backuprecordings.php 2>&1 >/dev/null
@daily ID=freepbx_backup_3 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/backup.php --id=3
*/5 * * * * php /var/www/html/admin/modules/qxact_reports/import_queue_data.php 2>&1 >/dev/null
*/60 * * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/storage.php
48 1 * * * php /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/abnormal.php 2>&1 >/dev/null
52 5 * * 1 php /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/update_license.php 2>&1 >/dev/null

3rd:
crontab -l -u asterisk;crontab -l -u root
0 0 * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/ampbackup.php 3
0 0 * * 0 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/ampbackup.php 4
51 * * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx-cron-scheduler.php
@daily /var/lib/asterisk/bin/backup.php --id=3
*/60 * * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/storage.php
56 1 * * * php /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/abnormal.php 2>&1 >/dev/null

3 * * * * /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx-cron-scheduler.php