Moving database to another system

Dear All,

I was playing around with dumping the mysql database to another box with a fresh freepbx installation, and seems everything fine except I have to click on every user and save the configuration one by one - unless some directories are not created and it prevents normal operations. I could make a script that creates these dirs, but maybe there is a workaround?! or any other migrating solution?

Sorry if it was asked already…

TIA,
Regards,
Alex

You need more than the sql database. The best thing to do is do a backup with the backup utility. Then load the same version of FreePBX on your new system, then do a restore after moving the backup file over to the new system.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

Thanks Philippe

ok well I don’t have a recent backup and my FreePBX admin panel crashed while I upgraded php5.1 to php5.3. I have rebuilt the system, did a mysql dump --preserve to backup and restore to the new system.

I have copied all custom asterisk config files.

It had seemed to work it was answering calls just no phones were setup to the new box, so all calls were sent to voice mail.

My concern is, upon updating it would simply just hang after I click confirm. I get the popup with the following message “Please wait while module actions are performed” but nothing happens, I let it run all night (last night) it updated 3 out of 31.

Is there a version table in the database that would mess things up? The old server was at 2.8 and the new one was at 2.8 and got messed up trying to get it to update passed 2.8.1.4.

by the way I am running on the new system I am running a new build of AsteriskNow 1.7 w/ FreePBX updated to 2.8.1.4.

the old system was AsteriskNow 1.6 w/ FreePBX updated to 2.8.1.4?

Is there another solution?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in Advance,
Joe