Move to a new computer

Hello Somehow still can’t figure out why. My freepbx server motherboard die out no power to it. I replaced the power supply still nothing i replaced the memory and CPU and nothing. So i finally gave up and moved the hard drive to a new computer but totally different motherboard as well as more memory. I can get the server up and running but the network i can not access to get to the web GUI. Not sure what to do can someone please help me out? I went into the command and looked in the Eth0 all same settings from the old hardware that i setup still there. Not sure what to do.

Remove the ‘MAC=’ line from /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

Hello xrobau i didn’t have a chance to login and change anything into now when i login and when to the Ethernet setup there was no mac address in there?

So… Does your machine not have an eth0 any more? ‘ip addr’ will show you the interfaces it knows about.

It there is a Eth0 it shows everything ip address subnet mask gateway and dns but nothing for a Mac address.

That’s a command you have to run

I went into the Eth0 this is what it said

DEVICE="eth0"
BOOTPROTO="static"
BROADCAST="192.168.xxx.xxx"
DNS="192.168.xxx.xxx"
GATEWAY="192.168.xxx.xxx"
IPADDR="192.168.xxx.xxx"
NETMASK="255.255.255.0"
NM_CONTROLLED="yes"
ONBOOT="yes"
TYPE=“Ethernet”

No, really. It’s a command you have to run.

Edit: Just in case you missed it, the command you have to run is ‘ip addr’

I’m sorry still a little new and I’m a little lost. Which command i have to run for this?

type ‘ip addr’ and then copy and paste the output here.

Hello i can’t paste it in here i can’t even do ssh to get to it.

So… just check, possibly?

If i type on the server command ip addr shows me a bunch of stuff but not a ip address. if i go in nano to ifcfg-eth0 i can see the ip addr, sub net mask,gateway, dns and all there.

The stuff you’re looking for is the interface. Does eth0 exist? It’s pretty easy to read:

[root@master provis]# ip addr
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN
    link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
    inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
    inet6 ::1/128 scope host
       valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
2: eth1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,SLAVE,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 9000 qdisc mq master bond1 state UP qlen 1000
    link/ether 78:2b:cb:15:a0:0c brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
3: eth2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,SLAVE,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq master bond0 state UP qlen 1000
    link/ether 78:2b:cb:15:a0:0b brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

^^^ There, eth0 does not exist. Does eth0 exist on your machine?

Okay now that i didn’t understand what you meant by that was a little confusing.
I got lo: and eth1 that is all.

So, the answer here is ‘no’.

Run this:

rm -f /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

Then reboot your machine. That will put the new eth1 to eth0.

so what happen because i moved the drive to a new system is somehow deleted the Eth0?

I did the command just waiting for it to reboot.

No. It did not delete eth0. It was looking for it, it wasn’t there. There was a new network interface, so it called that eth1.

1 Like

I was able to see change to Eth0 and i’m able to login to the GUI webpage.

thank you

1 Like