Move from AsteriskNOW to FreePBX distro, how?

I’m planning a move from AsteriskNOW 2.0.2 to a compatible FreePBX distro and need to know how to migrate my current configuration to the new distro.

As an experiment I tried installing FreePBX-3.211.63-8 in a VMware virtual machine. The install went fine and works fine. Then I did a Backup from the AsteriskNOW install and a Restore on the FreePBX install and it made an unholy mess of FreePBX, turned it into a pile of indecipherable gibberish… sort of like what happens when you try to backup from AsteriskNOW 2.0.2 and restore to AsteriskNOW 3.0.0.

So, first I would like to migrate to the latest compatible FreePBX distro (which version is that?) and then I’d like to update to the latest stable FreePBX distro.

This is after essentially giving up on the notion of upgrading to AsteriskNOW 3.0.0 after I could not find anyone (on the AsteriskNOW forum or anywhere else) who knew of a way to upgrade other than manually re-creating the system from scratch, one object at a time… something that will take days and if I have to do that I’ll stick with what we have.

If there is a “HOWTO”, please point me to that. If there isn’t, then I can write one and contribute it back if you guys will hold my hand through the sort of a “watch one, do one, teach one” process.

Eric / www.rkt-tech.com

The key is the Freepbx version. You must upgrade the version of Freepbx you have on AsteriskNow to the same version of Freepbx as your distro version. Once you have those requirements the backup should restore without trouble on the distro version.

Do I need to match the version number all the way down, e.g. 2.10.1.9 (and not, say, 2.10.1.10 if there is such a thing)?

Once I do that is there an upgrade pathway to the latest stable version of FreePBX distro that doesn’t involve manually re-entering everything?

Thanks, Tony. And then is there an upgrade path to the latest and greatest that doesn’t involve manually re-entering everything?

Do I need to match the version number all the way down, e.g. 2.10.1.9 (and not, say, 2.10.1.10 if there is such a thing)?

Once I do that is there an upgrade pathway to the latest stable version of FreePBX distro that doesn’t involve manually re-entering everything?

Nope just the main release so 2.10 and 2.10

To cleanup your GUI after restoring to a amportal a r from the CLI