MOH issues betweeen CUCM to Trixbox via CUBE

Hi guys…

we have recently set up Trixbox v2.8 to hang off our Cisco Call Manager via a SIP trunk with a CUBE sat inbetween to handle calls between the two systems…

The purpose was to test whether we could add our own custom MOH when calls are placed on hold…

We can successfully make calls between Call manager and Trixbox, with the endpoints correctly displayed when I look on the CUBE router…

If I place the call on hold from the Trixbox end, I hear the default Trixbox MOH on the Cisco phone.

However, if I place the call on hold on the Cisco end, I am greeted with silence on the Trixbox client phone…

Ive queried the CUBE and can see the correct MOH stream playing and also multicast packet in/out incrementing…
I have also take a packet capture on the trixbox end and when reconstructing the stream in Wireshark, can hear our custom MOH stream when the call is placed on hold…

So it would seem that our MOH is passing through the CUBE and hitting the Trixbox but does not find its way to the client phone…

Has anyone else experience this or have any advice about any settings I may have missed on the the trixbox pbx.

Thanks.

Jon.

Same problem here with Cisco SPA504G and SPA303 phones. On older SPA942 and SPA962 MOH does work with the same settings. Upgrading the firmware doesn’t make any difference. Has anyone found a solution?

trixbox? How did you even manage to get a copy? Did you happen to notice that the project was abandoned over a year ago? Since initially they forked this project, never fulfilled the promises then abandoned all the users you won’t get much help.

Try the official FreePBX distro.