MOH and System Recordings error

I am running into an issue whenever I attempt to convert audio files either within MOH or system recordings:

I see the following when I attempt to upload an mp3 file (154KB).
[[
RuntimeException
Failed to convert /var/spool/asterisk/tmp/temp.1481644352249.sln48 to /var/spool/asterisk/tmp/temp.1481644352249.ulaw! Command ‘file convert /var/spool/asterisk/tmp/temp.1481644352249.sln48 /var/spool/asterisk/tmp/temp.1481644352249.ulaw’ failed.
File:/var/www/html/admin/libraries/media/Media/Driver/Drivers/AsteriskShell.php:157
]]

I see a similar error when attempting to upload a wav file (33KB)

I have attempted to reinstall the recordings / framework modules, switch to asterisk 11 and then back to asterisk 13, as well as taken a look at the size issue I’ve also seen be an issue in other posts.

I can add the files from command line or winscp but this is not very intuitive for on the fly changes where the GUI can be used.

Any thoughts on possible next steps or things I may have overlooked are well appreciated.

Make sure that the “lame” program is installed.

It is installed. The path for Lame is also setup in advanced settings (although I believe this was an automatic process)

From the root login on the console, try running the convert command. You should be able to just use the command in the error message.

That will give you more insight into what’s failing.

There are lots of possibilities. Have you tried the following:

fwconsole chown

It could be something as simple as one of the directories is not writable.

Hello
Has your problem been resolved? I have the same problem, I installed the latest freepbx. But not fix the error.
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)
File:/var/www/html/admin/libraries/media/Media/Driver/Drivers/AsteriskShell.php:167
Thank you