Modules/sng_mcu/functions.inc/dialplan.php on line 57 Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 255

I recently upgraded to 10.13.66-6, and am getting this error:
Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 255

When I click on More Info I get:
exit: 255
Unable to continue. Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sng_mcu/functions.inc/dialplan.php on line 57

Any idea what to change/look at to fix this?

TIA

rm -Rf /var/www/html/admin/modules/sng_mcu

That won’t cause any other issues?

No of course not…

That worked, thanks!

1 Like

I had the same problem. Was ugrading to FreePBX 13.0.15. After I executed the rm command above, it is now indicated that I have a broken sng_mcu module. I went to module admin to fix it, but cannot. I get the following status message:

Installing sng_mcu
Error(s) installing sng_mcu:
Cannot find module
Updating Hooks…Done

Hi!

Unless you need that module once you are in module admin search for sng_mcu under “Broken” and uninstall it…

You will probably get an error message but don’t worry about it…

You should be ok after that…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for that; I did get an error, but the broken module has gone away. Not sure what that module was supposed to do, but maybe nothing I need as you said.

Now on to bigger fish if you are interested!

My previous FreePBX version was 6.12.65-30 and, although the new FreePBX version (13.0.15) is displayed in the GUI at the bottom of all pages I have accessed, in the System Admin module the version is also displayed at the top left, but it is the old version being displayed. However, things seem to be working so far.

My other problem is the new UCP. It just doesn’t work. There is extensive debugging in the new version so I have copied it here:

Whoops\Exception\ErrorException thrown with message “Invalid argument supplied for foreach()”

Stacktrace:
#5 Whoops\Exception\ErrorException in /var/www/html/admin/modules/voicemail/ucp/Voicemail.class.php:624
#4 Whoops\Run:handleError in /var/www/html/admin/modules/voicemail/ucp/Voicemail.class.php:624
#3 UCP\Modules\Voicemail:getMailboxCount in /var/www/html/admin/modules/voicemail/ucp/Voicemail.class.php:412
#2 UCP\Modules\Voicemail:getBadge in /var/www/html/admin/modules/voicemail/ucp/Voicemail.class.php:423
#1 UCP\Modules\Voicemail:getMenuItems in /var/www/html/admin/modules/ucp/htdocs/includes/Modules.class.php:63
#0 UCP\Modules:generateMenu in /var/www/html/admin/modules/ucp/htdocs/index.php:196

Thanks for any insights you have!

Don’t know how that font got so big.

Are you sure all your modules are updated to version 13 in module admin.

The content of your log is partially interpreted as formating codes by the forum software…

You might want to use the “pre-formatted” tag on that part of your message…

As for the reason of your problem I tend to agree with @tonyclewis…

As for System Admin showing an old version there are scripts that can be manually run to automatically upgrade from one version to the other (taking care of not forgetting any) or System Admin Pro can do that for you.

I am not sure though how you migrated from FreePBX 12 to FreePBX 13 (ie was it supposed to only change the FreePBX version or the distro version as well) and I am far from an expert on those scripts so if you still have this problem after making sure your modules are up to date I would suggest creating a new message thread and hopefully someone who knows those scripts well (like a dev) will pitch in…

I would suggest you make a backup before doing anything else…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Thanks Gentleman. I think I am going to restart with a new install. I am at an early stage of my development and don’t have to worry about keeping a system up. It appears that I jumped the gun and skipped a few versions with the wrong upgrade script. It was a complete distro upgrade to answer your question. I am having so much fun that I sometimes speed read, a skill I don’t have!

Cheers!