Modules newer than online version after 2.2->2,4 upgrade

I goofed, I’ve done a FreePBX upgrade before, but this time I applied the changes before trying to upgrade modules. Now I’m getting messages when I try to check for module updates which say that my installed modules are newer then the online version - I’m assuming this means that the system is checking against the old 2.2 repository instead of the new 2.4 one. I also don’t have the module there to force the module upgrade to the 2.4 level.

Is there any way to recover from this without doing a blow away reinstall? Do I need to get the module manually to force the 2.4 module level (and if so, where do I get it)?

Thanks in advance
Steve

module version always get ‘bigger’ including across major versions. If yours is saying this, my guess is your upgrade didn’t go right, you did get some newer modules, but your framework is older or at least the version number in the database never got bumped. Try re-running the install of the new version.

I did try rerunning the new install and nothing changed. BTW, based on the contents of /usr/src I was upgrading from version 2.2.1 to 2.4.0. Here are the modules which are squawking:

feature code admin installed 2.4.0.1 (newer than online version 1.0.4)
voicemail installed 2.4.0.1 (newer than online version 1.6.4.2)
music on hold 2.4.0.1 (online version 1.5)
recordings 3.3.6.1 (online version 3.3.4.1)
info services 2.4.0 (online version 1.3.3)

the framework version is 2.4.0.0

Any ideas? How worried should I be? I’ve been avoiding making any changes since the upgrade and the warnings.

Steve

You need to get it fixed, your install has not updated the version info in the database. The only reason those ones are updated is because those happen to be the modules that come with the tarball. Almost every other existing module needs to be upgraded in 2.4 and you won’t see those until your system properly upgrades. Try doing “install_amp --force-version 2.2.0” in your install directory.

./install_amp --force-version 2.2.0 doesn’t seem to have changed anything. I still get the module warnings. There are also warnings in the install log:

Please update your modules and reload Asterisk by browsing to your server.
Generating AMP configs…OK
Restarting Flash Operator Panel…OK
Checking customappsreg…
Module successfully installed

The following error(s) occured:

• Module is already enabled
    installed
    Checking core…

installed
    Checking music…

installed
    Checking infoservices…

installed
    Checking dashboard…

installed
    Checking recordings…

installed
    Checking framework…
    enabled
    Checking featurecodeadmin…

installed
    Checking voicemail…

installed
    Please update your modules and reload Asterisk by browsing to your server.

BTW, If changing something manually in the database is required, I’m comfortable with doing that - I’m actually a database programmer by day.

sprior,
it’s not a matter of just updating the database. If the above is all the output you get then something is not right. The install script should cycle through every intermediate version updating that version number as it proceeds, and each step there are potential upgrade scripts that gets run (you can see them in the upgrades directory). Between 2.2 and 2.4 there is a significant amount of schema changes and conversions that take place and it looks like that has not happened. Try pulling a new copy of the tarball and unpacking it somewhere else and running through the upgrades again.

I pulled a new tarball and unpacked in a new directory then ran ./install_amp --force-version 2.2.0. Got the same result.

Any other ideas or am I stuck?