Module Not Available

Just tried to update 3x and received the following:

Just tried two other boxes and there fine so this seems to be just this box and it happened while I was doing the latest updates that were all related to zend compatability

Same here. Also had several modules that did not want to upgrade and when I logged in the AM they were all upgraded. The Apply Config button is lit up, but when pressed goes through the motions and comes back lit up again. Confirm also that all endpoint .cfg files have been updated with us not doing it. Not happy…

I see the system status showed:

The system detected a problem trying to access external server data and changed internal setting MODULEADMINWGET (Use wget For Module Admin) to true, see the tooltip in Advanced Settings for more details.

I went and changed the value but it failed again.

I deleted the error message from the status page and then retried and it is working fine now. Thanks

The server is getting DDOS’d. We will have an update shortly.

This is not an automated process unless you set it up that way in sysadmin. Again we do not force it upon you, you set it up that way.

Sorry to hear that… really hate those jack wads that pull that nonsense… thanks for the quick response

1 Like

Hi, we are on 5.211.65-21 for the pbx and there is nothing checked in the updates box. We have never had this happen before.

also, why do you thing the Apply Config has no effect when clicked. It shows going through the apply process and then appears again.

I did not say that. I said we don’t automated those processes.

Thanks. I understand it was not you, but something did and it was not us or the settings…

You didn’t clarify but if you are using 2.11 and update endpoint then it updates all configs. This is not true in 12. As for automatic module updates, I stand by my previous statement.

We are using 2.11, have been at this for a long time, understand and agree with your position, but that does not change what happened… I’ll look for answers elsewhere and report back. Thank you again for your reply and help.

Hi,

I just saw this.

We login from a static IP: 75.nnn.nnn.nnn and use iptables/fail2ban extensively.

We logged out at Mar 16 21:11:05, then Mar 17 11:10:17 static sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/root ; USER=asterisk ; downloaded all modules. This was not us…

Can anyone suggest what might have happen so we can prevent this going forward?

Mar 16 20:00:12 static sshd[29744]: Accepted password for root from 75.nnn.nnn.nnn port 56032 ssh2
Mar 16 20:00:12 static sshd[29744]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Mar 16 20:00:13 static sshd[29744]: subsystem request for sftp
Mar 16 20:02:25 static sshd[26920]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user root
Mar 16 20:05:40 static sshd[29744]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user root
Mar 16 20:10:42 static sshd[27125]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user root
Mar 16 21:11:05 static sshd[28432]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session closed for user root
Mar 16 21:34:15 static sshd[31554]: Did not receive identification string from ::1
Mar 17 07:01:01 static sshd[10535]: Did not receive identification string from ::1
Mar 17 11:10:17 static sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/root ; USER=asterisk ; COMMAND=/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin download userman
Mar 17 11:10:21 static sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/root ; USER=asterisk ; COMMAND=/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin download cos
Mar 17 11:10:25 static sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/root ; USER=asterisk ; COMMAND=/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin install userman
Mar 17 11:10:26 static sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/root ; USER=asterisk ; COMMAND=/var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin install cos
… And all the rest of the modules downloaded

That is initiated from sysadmin. The auto updater in sysadmin.

Cool. We see that on our other PBX we have checked “never” in the sys admin updates. In this instance this choice was left blank.

We are on version 5.211.65-21 and it shows that version 5.211.65-100 is available for upgrade. The issue I wrote about never happened before, but I believe making no choice as to when to upgrade might have contributed to all the modules being upgraded and installed. The “never” box is now checked.

Thank you for your insight.