Modifying caller id

I am having a problem modifying the caller id on my calls. I want to set the caller ID and have the changes persistent so at a glance on the phone screen, we can see the status of the call. For example…

Call comes in from “Sam Smith”. In the inbound route, set the Caller ID Name Prefix to “303:” or whatever code to identify the called number. Expect the caller id to be “303:Sam Smith”

It is routed to a primary ring group. Set the Caller ID Name Prefix to “Rg:” Expect the caller id to be Rg:303:Sam Smith

No answer, route to a backup queue. Set the Caller ID Name Prefix to “Q:” Expect the caller id to be Q:Rg:303:Sam Smith

I had a previous deployment where I used the Set CallerID feature and that modified the caller ID like I intend, and it worked, but the number of set caller ID’s got out of hand, and it seemed the Set Caller ID prefix feature was exactly what I needed, so on a subsequent deployment, I used that vs the set caller id’s. What happens is each iteration of the prefix replaced the last vs concatenate onto it.

Is there a way to make the Caller ID Name Prefix feature persistent in the inbound route, ring group, queue, etc vs disappear as soon as the call leaves that feature?

Tks!!
Russ

Does anyone know how the Caller ID Name Prefix works? I would like the prefix to follow the call to the next feature in the path.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.