Missing interface in FreePBX system admin network

I have two physical interfaces in my FreePBX pox (running distro 10.13.66-15 with sysadmin module version 13.0.64). I added an interface from the “create interface” button and chose the parent interface and selected VLAN. I put in the VLAN ID and set the ip to static and specified the netmask. I chose Save and apply and after a click into another part of system admin and back to the network settings I could now see my new interface in the drop down. All was good for a week. I went back into system admin as I had to change the ip on one of the other real interfaces and was curious to see that after a reboot I now only had the two physical interfaces. No biggie, I went through the same steps I had the week before and added the other interface. This time after save and apply it wasnt there (even after a reboot). I tried a couple more times and managed to grab the message at the bottom before the screen went away “Created interface eth1.251 but failed to start. Further investigation required.” Well, I have checked in the FreePBX log and can’t find any attempt or mention of it and there’s nothing on the linux side of the logs so my hunch is that FreePBX stopped it from actually configuring the interface in the OS.
I ran into this exact same issue two weeks ago with a test FreePBX instance I was trying to reconfigure the IP and add an interface on but didnt put too much effort into trying to fix. I ended up doing a fresh install and setting the IP off the bat to what it was now supposed to be.
The problem I am having is on the production box, so if no one has any ideas to get past in FreePBX, is it permissible without confusing FreePBX to configure the interface in Linux directly?

Thanks,

Brian

If you could open a ticket on issues.freepbx.org with this, and also add the output of ‘ip -o addr’ that would be awesome!

It sounds like there may be some issues with the generation and/or starting of VLAN interfaces.

You also should make sure that /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1.251 is being created (And if it is, can you add the contents of that file to the ticket too, please!)

Thanks Rob. I created issue FREEPBX-12943.

Thanks,

Brian