Missing chan_local.so in FreePBX Distro

Hey all, I have just noticed I am missing chan_local.so in my FreePBX installation (10.13.66). Could you please tell me how to get it the correct way? Do I have to compile it from source?

Thank you

Error loading module ‘chan_local.so’: /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/chan_local.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Where are you seeing this?

Hey, thank you for quick response. I see this in /var/log/asterisk/full after asterisk restart. Did “find / -name “chan_local.so”” with no results. I installed from FreePBX distro ISO about 5 months ago and did 3 updates (using scripts) so far.

Thank you

Asterisk version?

sorry. Asterisk 13.15

Something is not right here. chan_local.so is no longer required or even used in Asterisk 13.15. Seems like you think you are running Asterisk 13.15 but you are really running Asterisk 11

Previous to Asterisk 12, Local Channel functionality was provided by the chan_local module. In Asterisk 12, chan_local was moved into the Asterisk system core and is no longer a loadable module.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Local+Channel

Well I installed branch 13 originally, never did switch-versions and all my endpoints are on PJSIP not mentioning that console says 13.15 :). Could this be just an issue of modules.conf file? There is preload => chan_local.so among the first lines.

I mean, I have no troubles with my system (except the fact that PJSIP is not as optimized as it could be) so I have not noticed the error clause earlier. Maybe it is there from the beginning. I cannot be sure now.

Thank you

Yes that line should be removed.

2021, last distro of freepbx, same error on fresh install

ERROR[2305] loader.c: Error loading module 'chan_local.so': /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/chan_local.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

and couple more:

WARNING[2141] loader.c: Some non-required modules failed to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: Error loading module 'chan_local.so': /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/chan_local.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: Error loading module 'res_pjsip_phoneprov_provider.so', missing dependency: res_phoneprov	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: res_config_sqlite declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: res_xmpp declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: Declined modules which depend on res_xmpp: chan_motif	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: res_stun_monitor declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: chan_console declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: chan_ooh323 declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: chan_mobile declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: res_hep declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: Declined modules which depend on res_hep: res_hep_rtcp, res_hep_pjsip	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: res_pjsip_transport_websocket declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: app_agent_pool declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: res_calendar declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: Declined modules which depend on res_calendar: res_calendar_caldav, res_calendar_ews, res_calendar_exchange, res_calendar_icalendar	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: cdr_csv declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: cdr_manager declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: cdr_odbc declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: app_alarmreceiver declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: app_festival declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: app_followme declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: chan_phone declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: chan_unistim declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: pbx_ael declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: pbx_dundi declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: pbx_lua declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: func_odbc declined to load.	
ERROR[2141] loader.c: res_pktccops declined to load.	
VERBOSE[2141] asterisk.c: Asterisk Ready.

other that that, everything seems to be working fine. Phones are registering and echo-test is working properly.

Remove that line from modules.conf as already stated.

or leave it there; it’s not actually causing any trouble.

You probably simply don’t have configuration files for these (and, most likely, don’t need them).

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.