Missed Call Notification for FreePBX15

There used to be a triage Monday where issues were reviewed and decided if they will be picked for work.

I personally have contributed a few bug fixes, sometimes it took hours and sometimes days if not weeks. It doesn’t look like there’s a process on how to handle reports, contributions etc.

Compared to FreePBX. They get way more. Look at the release notes. I want to say that a nice 30-40% (if not more) is outside contributions.

DynRoutes has been around for years on GitHub, it was added in v15 to the official mirrors signed with the Sangoma key.

AFAIK, DynRoutes, AllowList and Synology Backup are all outside contributions. So MissedCalls is the first one from Sangoma in years!

DynRoutes has been Lorne’s baby for a while but oddly enough it seems to have been brought into the fold after that whole mess with former developers and “No, I did this code on my own time so it’s mine. Don’t matter we baked it into everything, it’s not officially yours”

Also, comparing Asterisk and FreePBX as projects is night and day. One of the biggest hopes I had for Digium being acquired was that much of their project management and how they handle contributions would be applied to FreePBX as FreePBX lacks a lot of it. I still have that hope on life support.

Actually this module was written 6 years or so ago. It sat in a 90% complete state at that time as we had issues related to ring groups and follow me that with the way dialparties.agi worked we could not make it work correct. The plan was to get that reworked but looking at the wiki of this module it appears they just gave up and put it out with the limitations. My timelines might be off a bit as my memory isn’t what it once was.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.