Migrating from 2.4 to 2.10

We have an old FreePBX 2.4 version and have installed the new 2.10 version on another machine. Is there a way to transfer/migrate all the configuration and settings from the 2.4 to 2.10 version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I’m kind of new at FreePBX and I would also hate to have to input all these extension on the new system.

You can’t restore DB’s between versions.

Take a look at bulk extension and DID module. That will get you 90+% to your goal.

Agree with SkykingOH. Build a spreadsheet with all of your extensions and inbound routes and do a bulk upload. You can do the same for system speed dials. The rest you will have to hand craft I’m afraid.

Is there a way to download like a .csv file with the extensions from the old system?
And if I do build a spreadsheet how would I upload it in v2.10? How would it read the fields? I would have to name the fields accordingly with the options in the extensions Module correct?

Under tools there is a bulk extensions and bulk dids section. These will show you the format required. The best thing to do is create one extension and DID as an example and download the csv setup from the new version. This is an easy way of getting the format correct in your spreadsheet. I’m not sure there is a way to get this from the old version other than possible using phpmyadmin to run a query against the MySQL databased used by FreePBX to store the extensions and use this in the new spreadsheet to upload to the new version.

What he needs to do is use the FreePBX tool to upgrade to 2.5. That is the first version to include Bulk Extensions.

Thanks guys really appreciate the help. This should make the migration a lot quicker and easier.

I just thought of this. Couldn’t I do a backup and then restore that backup onto the 2.10 version?
If not, then what if I upgraded the old system to 2.10 and then did that?

I don’t think there is a good upgrade path from 2.4/2.5 to 2.10. The best and easiest way would be to follow SkinkingOH’s suggestion. You can’t just do a backup and restore from one version to another though because of changes in database layout and fields.