In FreePBX, under Tools -> Backup & Restore, could I create a backup in 220.127.116.11 and then restore it on another box that runs 18.104.22.168? I’m migrating our PBX to a fresh system, but I’m not sure I want to recreate each module’s settings “by hand”. Thoughts?
And if it works, would it also backup/restore Announcements/IVRs recordings and personal VM greetings?
In the past when I have done this, I followed these steps.
- Updated my existing copy of FreePBX to the latest version, 2.4.something by using the module manager or downloading a tarball.
- Run the backup on that machine from FreePBX and back up everything.
- Run a backup on the other machine, the new one, just to create the proper backup folder on the harddrive.
- Use SFTP, Fish, SCP or Rsync and move a copy of the tarball created by step 2 to the folder you just created on the new machine in step 3.
- Go to the FreePBX backup module and restore the file you copied over, click the orange bar and you should be in business.
I have used this process about 5 times and it has worked every time. Your mileage may vary.
(First off, thanks) – going to try this to migrate from a virtualBox install to a standalone asterisk server.
STUPID QUESTION: Where is backup tarball? Is this a setting somewhere? For the life of me, I cannot find out where Backup & Restore is saving the backup!
Thanks in advance to anybody who can answer.
Hmmmmmm…Thanks for the help - found it!