Migrate settings from FreePBX 2.3.0.3 to 2.4.0.0?

In FreePBX, under Tools -> Backup & Restore, could I create a backup in 2.3.0.3 and then restore it on another box that runs 2.4.0.0? I’m migrating our PBX to a fresh system, but I’m not sure I want to recreate each module’s settings “by hand”. Thoughts?

And if it works, would it also backup/restore Announcements/IVRs recordings and personal VM greetings?

Thanks,

Bobby

Bobby,

In the past when I have done this, I followed these steps.

1. Updated my existing copy of FreePBX to the latest version, 2.4.something by using the module manager or downloading a tarball.
  2. Run the backup on that machine from FreePBX and back up everything.
  3. Run a backup on the other machine, the new one, just to create the proper backup folder on the harddrive.
  4. Use SFTP, Fish, SCP or Rsync and move a copy of the tarball created by step 2 to the folder you just created on the new machine in step 3.
  5. Go to the FreePBX backup module and restore the file you copied over, click the orange bar and you should be in business.

I have used this process about 5 times and it has worked every time. Your mileage may vary.

Thank you, thank you!

(First off, thanks) – going to try this to migrate from a virtualBox install to a standalone asterisk server.

STUPID QUESTION: Where is backup tarball? Is this a setting somewhere? For the life of me, I cannot find out where Backup & Restore is saving the backup!

Thanks in advance to anybody who can answer.

/var/lib/asterisk/backups usually

Hmmmmmm…Thanks for the help - found it!