Maximum Channels affects outbound only?

Hey guys,
It’s my understanding that the Maximum Channels setting in the trunk configuration is supposed to limit the number of concurrent calls allowed on the trunk, both inbound and outbound.

The problem I’m having is that it appears to be limiting outbound just fine, however inbound seems to be unlimited. Our technical support queue just reached 45 calls waiting, which is about 15 more than the maximum number of channels I had configured.

Anyone have any ideas?

Running Asterisk 1.2.22
FreePBX 2.3.0beta2.2 (was running 2.2.3 upgraded in an attempt to limit the calls)

max only effect outbound - the earliest it will consider inbound will be a future release. This is also a difficult one - generally you want to limit you outbound to some number below your max, to keep a window for inbound, since you really don’t want to be dropping inbound calls - there is no where for them to go.

so essentially the only real limit on my inbound calls is bandwidth?

if that’s the case than the mouse-over information on the maximum channels setting really needs to be updated and clarified.

post a bug if you find the tooltip info misleading and we will be glad to review it. Even better - put the text into the bug of what you think it should be. Thanks.

done