FreePBX | Register | Issues | Wiki | Portal | Support

Management Disconnected

Just installed RMS and it says Management Disconnected on both FreePBX and RMS side. I saw a screenshot in the forum where theirs said connected. I’m using a CyberLynk VPS so no additional firewall in place. Any thoughts or ideas?

(Moises Silva) #2

Hello @Altocloud1, there might be several reasons for that. Can you send me your uuid in a private message (although uuid is not exactly a secret, we don’t recommend sharing that information publicly).

Also please check if /dev/shm is writeable by all users (777), it usually is, but we’ve found some systems where is not, and that prevents the client from operating correctly (and can cause the management connection to be offline).

You can also check /opt/rms/var/log/salt/stderr.log for clues.

(Adolfo) #3

I’m having the same issue on a few monitored nodes.
/dev/shm is writeable by all users
/opt/rms/var/log/salt/stderr.log shows this error:

2017-03-07 13:43:28,060 [salt.utils.parsers][WARNING] Minion received a SIGTERM. Exiting.
The salt minion is shutdown. Minion received a SIGTERM. Exited.
2017-03-07 13:47:22,328 [salt.utils.parsers][WARNING] Minion received a SIGTERM. Exiting.
The salt minion is shutdown. Minion received a SIGTERM. Exited.

I did try restarting the service to see if that fixed the issue… i figured that is what the entries in stderr.log mean?

(Moises Silva) #4

@adolfoc Can you check the assigned backend server on the clients with the problem? (see the ‘status’ tab information in your freepbx rmsadmin module). We were having a small hiccup with omega-backend-2, where the task updating the management online status was stuck, and hence any clients on that backend would show up as disconnected (even if they were connected). This should be resolved now, we’re still working on making that task more reliable so you may see the connection going ‘offline’ sporadically until we deploy the permanent fix. Worth keeping in mind this doesn’t affect the monitoring, it’s just the display status. I’ll update this thread when we fix this for good.

(Adolfo) #5

They were all looking at omega-backend-2.sangoma-rms.com
But it looks like they have all come back online. thanks!