Macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook not executing

Using FreePBX 15.0.16.38.
The main function is: calls obtained through a GSM gateway (GoIP) are directed to Time Conditions (and from there to a trunk) or directly to a SIP trunk using Inbound Route(s). Simple as that. Using chan_sip.
The trunk provider needs a specific Diversion header for one of its features.
I just need to add a header to the outbound calls through this sip trunk.
Everything I can find on the internet involves the use of a (deprecated?!) macro which just plain doesn’t work.
When I add anything in the following context in extensions_custom.conf, it doesn’t seem to get executed when I test and call the GSM GW:
[macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook]
exten => s,1,Noop(Entering user defined context macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook)
;exten => s,1,SipAddHeader(Testhdr: testvalue)
exten => s,n,MacroExit()

Nothing shows up in the (full) log, no header is set when I uncomment the SipAddHeader line.
I use sngrep to monitor SIP communication.
Is there anything I miss here?
Thanks.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug

After editing *.conf files you must reload the dialplan. Either using the red apply config button, or by doing

fwconsole reload
1 Like

I’m aware of reloading the dialplan, also I edit the file in the GUI - Admin-Config edit, and Apply the changes anyway.
In the meantime after continuous reading and testing I solved the case. It seems this [macro-dialout…] context thing no longer works, I couldn’t make it execute.
The solution was to set an overriden dial string in the GUI for the trunk in the form Ttb(custom-privacy-header^s^1), then for this context in the parentheses I set the SipAddHeader thing in extenstions_custom.conf and it worked.

News to me. I use it pretty much every single week, and have for years. I’m aware of no version of core where it doesn’t work.

That is a shame, as we use this function. I know @lgaetz mentioned depreciated macros will eventually go away. What version of FreePBX/Asterisk are you running?

It’s very possible I was missing something else so it didn’t work for me. But I dug over the internet for this and everywhere in thousands of threads/forums I read all the same - the [macro-…] context/thing should execute when dialing out through a trunk (SIP/Chan_sip). It didn’t. Not in the FULL log, neither in outbound headers I could see any header I was “adding”.
The version is mentioned in the first post - 15.0.16.38. Asterisk was the newest possible when I installed FPBX half a year ago, maybe v15 or so.

Not sure what you did wrong, but error must be on your part. The Core module controls this, and on a current 15 system (core ver 15.0.12.8) we can see the dialplan which I’ve pasted here
https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/f9914bcd

Line 33 calls the macro. When populated and dialplan reloaded, an outbound call will have lines like these:

[2020-06-01 18:05:25] VERBOSE[8282][C-00000016] pbx.c: Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook:1] NoOp("PJSIP/6013-0000000b", "Entering user defined context macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook in extensions_custom.conf") in new stack
[2020-06-01 18:05:25] VERBOSE[8282][C-00000016] pbx.c: Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook:2] AGI("PJSIP/6013-0000000b", "lgaetz-didloopback.php,<redacted>,verbose") in new stack
    .... lines removed ...
[2020-06-01 18:05:25] VERBOSE[8282][C-00000016] pbx.c: Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook:3] GotoIf("PJSIP/6013-0000000b", "0?redirect") in new stack
[2020-06-01 18:05:25] VERBOSE[8282][C-00000016] pbx.c: Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook:4] MacroExit("PJSIP/6013-0000000b", "") in new stack

Me neither. I have no customizations, I’m not proficient in telephony and used only the GUI to setup a relatively simple system that takes calls from a GSM gateway, records and logs them and directs them out to an other trunk. I use two time conditions with a simple IVR to avoid midnight calls.
It only worked after I added and overriden Asterisk Trunk Dial Options string in the GUI (Ttb(…)) and used the context in the parentheses for my “code” (which I collected from numerous threads online and tested in many many combinations).

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.