Lost Network Files

I am not sure what happened to my FreePBX box exactly, but I seemed to have lost all of my network files. I have two nic’s installed, but upon boot they both fail. While searching I have noticed that I do not have an ifcfg-eth0 or ifcfg-eth1 file in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. ifconfig comes up with no response. service network restart gives the following:

/etc.init.d/network: line 42: ./network-functions: No such file of directory
ls: ifcfg*: No such file or directory
/etc.init.d/network: line 42: ./network-functions: No such file of directory
[FAILED]
Shutting down loopback interface: /etc/init.d/functions: No such file or directory
Bringing up loopback interface: /etc/init.d/functions: line 500: ./ifup: No such file or directory
                                                                           [FAILED]

I am not sure how to proceed here exactly. Is there any way to restore, or replace the necessary files to get my network cards working again? I have a VERY basic knowledge of the FreePBX system - so any advice would be appreciated.

I have an identical machine, and unless warned other wise I am planning on copying the entire contents of the folder /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts. The only issue I have there is that I have no idea how to mount a USB stick, or how to copy and paste the files using only the command line. I have a lot to learn :smile:

Update - I have hopefully been making some headway. I finally got a usb drive mounted (http://linuxcommando.blogspot.com/2007/12/how-to-mount-usb-flash-drive-from.html) and my folders copied (http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/copy-folder-linux-command-line/). Note that I copied both my network-scripts folder as well as my wanpipe folder. Upon boot my network is working, but I get a failed wanpipe because I am missing the file wanpipe1.conf. Oddly enough I cannot find the file on my working identical machine. Time for more study!

Wow - I have no idea what happened to my system, but it is a mess. I have tried getting it up and running, but everything is gone. I am going to go back to a fresh install.