Logo Customization/Removal

In previous versions of FreePBX you could alter the logo by setting AMPADMINLOGO in amportal.conf along with a few other customizations.

This does not work with the latest version, although the conf file does still hold these vestigial entries. Is this an intentional removal of this functionality, or just a side effect/oversight of a major upgrade?

The reason I ask is I’d be happy to go into the code and make this work again, but I don’t want to waste my efforts if this was removed for a reason.

some of this has been removed (some is still there). It is intentional but is being reviewed to determine improved ways to provide for co-branding.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

Thanks for the reply Philippe.

Let me tell you the way that I use FreePBX and what I’d want to see in a co-branding solution.

1. I place the FreePBX UI within a frame of a larger solution/UI . In fact I’d like to cut off everything above the dark blue line since I give access to Recordings/CDR/FOP from my own IU.

2. I know this has been said by others, but I don’t care for the name ‘FreePBX’ being forced into the UI as it will not fly well in corporate environments. So I’d hope that the co-branding could exist with the Alento name instead of FreePBX. (Although ‘Freedom to Connect’ works fine)

I feel compelled to reiterate that I’d be happy to take these changes on as a coding task I’m not just giving a laundry list of what I’d like to see.

Thx

I cant remember the licence that FreePBX is released under, but if it’s GPL the you can do wherever you want to the logo’s. It may be considered foul though. Personally, I have no objection to the logo’s presence nor the word free in the name.

Free is ok, even in a corporate environment, especially considering that only the admins should actually see the interface anyway.

Anyone who wants to help support the project is more than welcome to inquire - either through the store sales line or by emailing sales @ freepbx.org.

Those types of deals help support the project and make sure that any owned trademarks are treated properly.