Log rotate time

Hi, I’m assuming that there is a setting somewhere in FreePBX which will allow me to change the run time of logrotate.

Can somebody point me at it please.

Logrotate doesn’t know anything about FreePBX per se , it just process entries in /etc/logrotate.conf and any files it finds in the /etc/logrotate.d ‘drop directory’

from man logrotate

DESCRIPTION
logrotate is designed to ease administration of systems that generate large numbers of log files. It
allows automatic rotation, compression, removal, and mailing of log files. Each log file may be handled
daily, weekly, monthly, or when it grows too large.

Normally,  logrotate is run as a daily cron job.  It will not modify a log more than once in one day unless
   the criterion for that log is based on the log's size and logrotate is being run more than once  each  day,
   or unless the -f or --force option is used.

Any  number  of  config files may be given on the command line. Later config files may override the options
   given in earlier files, so the order in which the logrotate config files are  listed  is  important.   Nor‐
   mally,  a  single  config  file which includes any other config files which are needed should be used.  See
   below for more information on how to use the include directive to accomplish this.  If a directory is given
   on the command line, every file in that directory is used as a config file.

you can logrotate conditionally on file size if you want, or you can put jobs in a non inspected directory and make a cron job to call them whenever you want with an -f option

logrotate -f /etc/asynclogrotate/

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.