Locked out

Hello All,

Something strange has happened to our freePBX admin interface. We have locked out ourself. The admin username and password is not working… I looked into the DB and everything is fine, also the /etc/amportal.conf file has correct information.

This problem just started today… its been working for couple of months without any glitch…

Version freePBX 2.2.1 on CentOS 4.5, Asterisk 1.2.18.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Nitesh

I did that… and its just not accepting it…
Dunno what in the world is going on…

Restart the server, restart amportal, restart apache…

No one has touched the server, neither modified any code… it was working till yesterday night and today morning it not…

Any more suggestions…

Cheers,
Nitesh

If nothing changed, then putting in a user should work. Try just putting in admin admin for the user/password and seeing what happens. Beyond that - I think one would have to get on your system to see what is going on and fix it.

God… I changed it to admin/admin

mysql> select * from ampusers;
±---------±---------±--------------±---------------±---------±---------+
| username | password | extension_low | extension_high | deptname | sections |
| admin | admin | | | | * |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Did not work… I am ready to provide SSH access… please let me know secure way to contact you.

email me at [email protected]

Cheers,
Nitesh

well in theory that is suppose to work. You can add a user manually to the database in sql and then login as that user.

Something is really strange…

I changed the mode to AUTHTYPE=none and I was able to access the interface… Deleted all the users under Administrators.

Changed back the mode to AUTHTYPE=database and tried to login using the default mysql username and password… and did not work… It just kept on asking for username and password.

I can connect to mysql using the same username and password via the terminal, but not via the web.

Any suggestions…?

Cheers,
Nitesh

in theory, if you have no entries, it should allow you in with the sql user/passwd configured in amportal.conf (I haven’t tried it but know that was put in place to keep from being completely locked out of a system).

I am using AUTHTYPE=database and when I tried to change the mode to AUTHTYPE=none, I was able to login…

You mean to say… set the mode to AUTHTYPE=none and goto Admin interface of freePBX and delete the admin user. And then set the mode back to AUTHTYPE=database and use the AMPDBUSER and AMPDBPASS to log back to freePBX admin interface and create the users again.?

Please advice…

Cheers,
Nitesh

what authentication mode are you using. You may want to set AUTHTYPE=none in amprtal.conf and try. If you are still having problems it is you http apache authentication. If that fixes it - but you want the AUTHTYPE=database mode, then you may want to try just deleting all entries and then using your mysql login and password to get back in as admin and set new username/passwords.