Links to recorded calls in CDR reports?

Jimbox,

What distro are you running?

To clarify, it sounds like you installed the system, changed permissions on /var/spool/asterisk/monitor and all worked in ARI for call recordings?

Can you confirm? Maybe a screenshot?

Tom

The initial install was FreePBX 2.6 (i think?) but has since been upgraded to 2.8.

I turned on call recording several months ago but was never able to access them thru the recordings/voicemail login. I could see the list of calls but without a clickable link to them. The “Monitor” column was all blank cells.

As there were no strict/formal need for this feature- on the rare occasion it was desired to access a recording I just scp’d it from my server and played it at my workstation.

Just today my desires escalated and provoked an itch to discover why there’s no clickable link. My /var/spoool/asterisk/monitor director perms were 750 (um- i think) but after changing it to 755 the links then appeared.

While I dont recall ever changing the perms on this directory… I am a tinkererer.

So, did you install linux by itself, then compile and install Asterisk and FreePBX, or are you running one of the various preconfigured distros out there, such as Trixbox, AsteriskNOW, PBXInAFlash, Elastix, etc?

I only ask because if you have one that works (almost) out of the box, then I will start experimenting in that direction.

Tom

My apologies- I thought I was being explicit- but I realize in hindsight I was mistakenly thinking “FreePBX” to be the distro when it was in fact an AsteriskNow image downloaded from their main site. (as it was a while ago i dont recall the version- but installed CentOS 5.4 w/ a 2.6.18 kernel (maybe also upgraded since first install))

I don’t think you changed those permissions yourself, because I know I didn’t and they were wrong on my AsteriskNow box as well. For me, changing those permissions allowed the links to playback on-demand call recordings to appear for internal, extension to extension calls only. However, outbound recording links still don’t show up, but I can see and manually playback the outbound files from the OS CLI.

Any thoughts or suggestions guys? Would really appreciate any help.

Oh, one other little tidbit of info I forgot to mention is that if I set inbound/outbound recording to “Always” for an extension, the links show up for internal and external calls.

Hi,

Is there a way to filter only recorded calls in the recording interface or ARI. Running freepbx 2.8.14.

We are recording calls through fop2 on demand when listening into calls as supervisor for the agents, and we would like to play them back to the agents to correct them, but the long list of cdr report in the recording interface makes it difficult to browse through and find the recorded calls.

If only there was a way to filter all recorded calls, since the number of recorded calls are a mere 100 from a list of 5000 calls made in a day.

Appreciate any insight or help.

Thanks,
Dan.

Sounds like a great feautre request.

Sounds like you are getting a lot of value out of FreePBX for your Enterprise. Have you considered funding a developer to add this feature?

Im only the tech guy here not the finance:) but i dont think why we would not pay to get a simple feature developed. This is open for consideration, how do we go about that?

I had to put the option there. Most people don’t realize that this is how many features get into FreePBX.

We have programmers that love to do this type of “job” work. Send my a Private Message on the forums with your contact and I will help you construct a scope of work and feature description. We can then get this over to the project manager and see what we can do.

I think that 2.10 is frozen so it won’t make it into that release. I will show you how you can pull module snapshots out of the dev system.

Thanks for your interest in supporting the project.

Scott

I realize this is quite an old post, but for the sake of completeness:

To fix the “Asterisk command not understood” errors you need to disable events when the script logs into the AMI. On my system this was in /var/www/html/recordings/includes/asi.php at line 50. I changed the line from -

to…

…and these errors went away. I have had no ill effects with changing this.

“If only there was a way to filter all recorded calls, since the number of recorded calls are a mere 100 from a list of 5000 calls made in a day.”

The new call recording reports commercial module from Schmooze will do what you are looking for.

Call Recording Reports $125.00

Tired of searching the system Call Detail Records for call recordings? Running out of storage on your system due to required archiving of call recordings? With the Call Recording Report Module you can View, Sort , Listen, Archive and download all recorded calls on your system.

Features:
View Recordings By Year, Month and Date
Auto Archive calls recorded by Asterisk in FreePBX
Download archives as .tgz file that can be opened using common tools like Winzip or 7-Zip
Directly listen to and download all call recordings that exist on your system
As archives are created the oldest archive is deleted to control disk storage
Archives are created on the 1st of every month
Module auto generated email reminders at time of Archive Creation
Sort Recordings by Call Type, Source, Destination, Time, or Duration