Link to a Default User droping

Hi have I am just setting up a new installation using Freepbx 14 with users imported from Active Directory, in extensions the Link to a default user seems to drop as soon as the Active Directory is reynchronized. Anybody know what I might be doing wrong?

1 Like

Do you have the link extension attribute set?

1 Like

That worked. Thanks.

May explain this feature a little more? I was having the same issue, and found this post.
I have the new Active Directory sync setup, and in the Directories profile, User extension Link attribute = ipphone
Whenever it re-sync’s, the Link to Default User goes back to none for all our users. In AD, we have everyone’s extension listed in the Telephone number attribute under the General tab. Is User Management suppose to pull the extension from AD and then set the Default User?

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/User+Management+with+Active+Directory

I did happen to read that article while I was having some trouble setting up the groups initially, and it did help, but I’m still not sure why my User Management users are not linking to the extensions properly. As is normal, I can log into UCP but cannot manage my actual extension until they are linked, which only lasts a short time before it resets to None.
May you explain what I might be missing and let me know where to look to find the issue?
Thank you!

1 Like

@Mhilbert Can you explain what setting you changed to make them link?

I just set the extension number for each user in active directory for ipphone on the attributes tab. You will need the change the filter settings on the attribute tab in order to see it.

1 Like

Ah, that makes complete sense. I made User extension Link attribute = telephoneNumber attribute, and it worked instantly. Thanks for clarifying!