Least Cost Routing

Hey,

I have my asterisk server setup with freePBX 2.0.1. I currently use e164 and one VoIP provider. I found another that has better rates for some of the places I call.

Both companies provide a huge CSV sheet and I don’t really want to type out all the exchanges in freePBX. Is there a Least Cost Routing module or something where I can feed both CSVs (and any others that come along) to automatically use the least expensive provider?

Thanks,

David

To do this you would probably have to have custom AGI scripts written. I highly doubt that FreePBX provides a feature such as this, but I am new to FreePBX myself. Asterisk AGI would allow you to do anything you dream of, but of course if you wanted to manage the CSVs from an interface from FreePBX, that would probably have to be customly added there as well.

Lee

it’s something that i have been thinking about, for a while. there have been one or two attempts, and certainly a need. I will try to devote enough time to come up with an answer.

q

[quote=“loadsysinc”]To do this you would probably have to have custom AGI scripts written. I highly doubt that FreePBX provides a feature such as this, but I am new to FreePBX myself. Asterisk AGI would allow you to do anything you dream of, but of course if you wanted to manage the CSVs from an interface from FreePBX, that would probably have to be customly added there as well.

Lee[/quote]

Orland, eh? Grew up there and my sister still lives there. I’m up near Crystal Lake.

any progress on this? This thread is ancient, but I have the need. :slight_smile:

A2Billing can do many things - but you could use it for least cost routing:
http://www.asterisk2billing.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi