Jump back or forward in a message

I have been meaning to ask this, but keep forgetting to. In other voicemail systems, while a message is playing, keys like 1 and 3 or 4 and 6 act as “backup 5 sec” or “jump forward 5 sec” in a message, but the voicemail in FreePBX doesn’t seem to offer this. It would be a great feature if you miss something a caller said (like their phone number) and want to jump back 5 seconds to hear it again without re-playing the entire message from the beginning.
Also, the option to play the message envelope prior to playing the message would be a nice feature so you can tell when a message was left without choosing that specifically. Something like “today at 8:12am” before the caller’s message is played would be sufficient.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Voicemail?preview=/5538501/10977481/asterisk_voicemail_user_reference_guide_2011-07-20.doc

Thanks! The * and # keys were never ones that I tried, nor did I find that info anywhere.

Very helpful.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.