Jitsi and Linphone cannot connect to CHAN_PJSIP extensions

I’ve been testing for a switchover from CHAN_SIP to CHAN_PJSIP, and I can’t get Linphone or Jitsi to connect to any extension that has PJSIP enabled. I can however get Zoiper to connect to said extensions, and Linphone and Jitsi connect to CHAN_SIP extensions perfectly. I am working off a fresh install of FreePBX 13 and Asterisk 13. The error in Asterisk logs is: [2016-01-07 17:31:09] NOTICE[6739] chan_sip.c: Registration from ‘“114” < sip:[email protected] >’ failed for ‘X.X.X.X:XXXXX’ - Wrong password.
I’ve been at this for a few hours and I am absolutely positive I am typing the right password, as evidenced by Zoiper succeeding in it’s connection. My Polycom and Yealink deskphones will also connect just fine, it is just Linphone and Jitsi.

Thanks in Advance!

EDIT: Saw X-Lite reccomended elsewhere and it works too, but what the heck is with Jisi AND Linphone not working?
EDIT2: Tried CSIPSimple on Android and it doesn’t work either, even though it uses PJSIP as referenced here: trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/Projects_Using_PJSIP

1 Like

I also tried to register Linphone (Android and PC) to a pjsip extension with similar problems, however my pjsip channel was ruining on a non standard port (5062) and I suspected that might be the problem.

Unfortunately I couldn’t change it to 5060 to test as I have chan_sip running on 5060 which is the main channel I am using on my PBX and so far my attempts to try and move to pjsip have been pretty disastrous.

Can you provide some more details on the troubles? I am about to try migrating too…

Don’t have any more details, never got it solved. I tried the Jitsi Mailing lists too with no luck.

1 Like