IVR, Voice Prompts, MOH using Follow Me (help me!)

I’m a newbie to much of this so any help is appreciated. I seem to find pieces of the puzzle, but I can’t seem to put them together.

I have an IVR “PBX” opening greeting “thanks for calling, if you know your parties 3 digit extension…”, after the caller has chosen an extension and while that extension is ringing, I have a ~22 second sales pitch I’d like the caller to hear, although the remainder of the voice file is about 60 seconds long with the last 38 just music.

I understanding that by using MOH, I can have the extension ring and pick it up during the voice prompt, but I’d like the caller to go to my VM if i don’t answer within 10 seconds or so after the sales pitch ends (so around 35 seconds). I’m trying to do this using follow me. I can’t seem to figure out how to get the call to go to VM at around 35 seconds. Instead, it plays the entire message 3 times, or even though I have the MOH message enabled, it will sometimes just play a ringing sound to the caller. I’ve also messed around to where it would sometimes just go directly to voicemail as soon as the extension is chosen.

Can anyone please help??

I would take Audacity or Audition and shorten the 60 second spot to 22 seconds and include only the sales pitch. I would then use that file as an announcement. After the announcement is finished, send the call to a ring group with your extension as the only extension in the list and music on hold instead of ringing. Let it ring 10 seconds and then to your voicemail.

Nutshell:

Incoming route points to an Announcement.
After announcement destination is a ring group.
Ring group has MOH instead of ring and is set to 10 seconds.
No-answer destination for ring group is your voicemail.