IVR to Directory has about 4 seconds delay FreePBX 14

Hi there,

I searched the forum and the only thread I found is from 2014 and the answer provided there is not really something that would work for me.

On my PBX, when I go from the IVR menu to the Directory, there is a pretty long delay. I tried using a unique “directory selection number” that does not match with any of the Features code, to avoid the system waiting for a second digit to be pressed, with no luck.

Am I missing something? I even checked CPU and memory utilization looking for a spike in used resources but everything is normal.

I don’t like the idea of changing the “timeout” for the second digit from the standard 3sec as that value is very reasonable to me, and I am not even sure if that is the issue

Thank you for your time

Fab

What I am not sure is if this is a normal behavior.
Do you have any system up with similar delay or is just my PBX? If that is the case I can dig further if you have any directions on where to look

Thank you so much

If ‘enable direct dial’ is set , yes expect that delay. If unset, don’t expect direct dial to function.

Try setting ‘Force Strict Dial Timeout’ to ‘No - Legacy’.

Thank you so much.

I do need the “enable direct dial” enabled and I already have it set to “No-Legacy”.
I will maybe try to set “Force Strict Dial Timeout” to Yes and play with the timeout. Even 1.5 to 2 sec faster will make me happy. I just don’t want to have a too short timeout for any regular dial selection

Thank you again

Fab

If Enable Direct Dial points to a Directory, which has no entries beginning with the digit used to select Directory (and there are also IVR entries beginning with that digit), I would think that there should not be a timeout. Possibly this is a bug that should be reported.

A workaround (which may be unacceptable) is to require callers to press a digit before entering an extension number.

Another option is to get a DID for each user so they can be directly dialed without going through the IVR at all. Unfortunately, this is only feasible if you are in a country such as US where numbers are very inexpensive, and you don’t need to allow toll free callers to dial extensions via the IVR.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.