IVR picks up after 20 seconds

I Have an IVR set and I am using SIP. I am thinking it’s the firewall ports. I have opened 5060 and it seemed to help. Is there a wider range of ports I should open? When you call in the system may answer after 4 seconds but it’s random. Lately it seems more like 20 seconds and it’s dead air until it answers with no rings at all. Any advice?

I’d start with a check of /var/log/asterisk/full. This should give you an idea of what is erroring out (if there is) and maybe give you a feel for where the delay is so we can troubleshoot more effectively.

I am seeing this in the logs:

[2016-07-01 02:47:01] VERBOSE[2991] asterisk.c: Remote UNIX connection
[2016-07-01 02:47:01] VERBOSE[16131] asterisk.c: Remote UNIX connection disconnected
[2016-07-01 02:47:01] VERBOSE[2991] asterisk.c: Remote UNIX connection
[2016-07-01 02:47:01] VERBOSE[16134] asterisk.c: Remote UNIX connection disconnected

I also see it complain about extension 201 which I don’t even have in my system

NOTICE[1745] res_pjsip_exten_state.c: Extension state subscription failed: Extension 201 does not exist in context ‘from-internal’ or has no associated hint

New issue, completely unrelated to this. You should start a new topic on this.

Short answer: do your detective work. Either someone is trying to call extension 201 from your internal network, or there’s a ghost of previous work hanging around.

Since all of these happened at exactly the same moment, it sounds like you’re crying “Wolf”. There is no 20 second delay here.

Try again.

seems to be much better now. I opened more of a port range for sip on the firewall

That sounds like a red herring to me - you don’t need to manually open any ports on your router unless you want to access the PBX from a Device outside your network. Opening ports exposes you to hacking - those messages could be because someone has already hacked you!

We run SIP and even the documentation says to open the ports. Working great afterwards.

One shouldn’t need to port forward for registered SIP trunks to work, but it really depends on the router.

1 Like