IVR on ver 2.3.1

I’m trying to set up an IVR for freepbx ver 2.3.1. Do any of you know if there is a howto for this specific version of freepbx?

The only instructions I can find for setting up an IVR for freepbx are for 2.1 which looks quite different to the page you get on 2.3.1.
I have, I believe, set one up nonetheless, as the fields are not that complex, but it connects all calls to a silent line.
I can see on the panel that there is a connection but no message is played. I can use the system recordings page to play the recording so I know it can be played via freepbx, I just can’t make it play when someone rings in.

Either I haven’t set it up properly or there is something wrong with the software/hardware. Everything else seems to run ok so it’s probably me that is in error.

Any suggestions would be welcome?

I’ve got it as far as being able to play announcements (the file was a wav…doh) but still when I dial in to the IVR I get silence.

Solved.

I’ve the same problem, could you tell me what was your solution!

Thanks a lot!

The problems I was having was the files were not the right file type and the IVR setup screen was missing the boxes down the left hand side where you set your destinations.
I used sox, a file converter that comes with Asterisk, to convert the files from wav to gsm formats which got the sounds working then cleared my browser cache and reloaded the page which got the boxes to show up.

Below is a link to a page that tells you how to use sox. The info is about 1/3 of the way down the page.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot, it solved the problem!