IVR DTMF problem if not from softphone

Hi and PLEASE help

I have set IVR with FreePBX 2.7.0 (Asterisk 1.6.2.13, Elastix 2.0).and works fine when caller is using softphone (X-Lite and 3CX tested) but when I try to call from cellular or fixed phone line there is no response from IVR whn I choose an option.
I have read almost every post about DTMF and IVR issues but that didn’t halp at all.
I have tryed to change DTMF on trunk from rfc2833 to inbound and auto and info, no hope.
My provider sent me some conf files that confused me even more. There is in one line “Send - DTMF-Mode=audio” and in line after that “RFC2833- TX Payload Type=101”.

I apologize on my poor english but when I wrote this in Google translator it was even worse. :slight_smile:

Thanks for understanding

hi mdelagic, what sort of trunk are you using to carry the call?
SIP / IAX2 (VoIP)
Analogue, BRI, PRI? (PSTN)

WHo is your provider and in what country?

neil

Provider is a AKTON, from their billing interfaces I have concluded that they are working with the provider VOLJATEL. Some kind of cooperation I suppose.
The country is Croatia, and trunkis SIP.

SIP trunk Settings

Outbound Caller ID: 38531nnnnnn
Outbound Caller ID: Allow any CID
MAX Chanels: 8
Outgoing dial rules: none

PEER details:
username=38531nnnnnn
type=peer
secret=xxxxxxxx
insecure=invite
host=ProviderIP
dtmfmode=rfc2833
relaxdtmf=yes
disallow=all&all
context=from-trunk
allow=ulaw&alaw

USER details:

username=38531nnnnnn
user=38531nnnnnn
type=friend
secret=xxxxxx
nat=yes
insecure=very
host=ProviderIP
fromdomain=ProviderIP
dtmfmode=rfc2833
relaxdtmf=yes
context=from-trunk
disallow=all&all
allow=ulaw&alaw

Reg. String:
38531nnnnnn@ProviderIP:secret:38531nnnnnn@ProviderIP/38531nnnnnn

I also raised up rxgain and turn off echocancelation as seen in some posts but no effect.

This solves problem IVR:
qualify=2000
canreinvite=no

I’m using freepbx 2.9.0.12
I’m using a PRI trunk in America.
i don’t know where to change the dtmf in a PRI (or other trunk settings that are available in a sip trunk).
Any ideas how to fix this issue for a PRI?
thanks.

PRI interface only use inband DTMF signaling.

Check with you SIP provider as to what they dtmf signaling they accept, and use that in your SIP trunks.