IVR does not access Directory

I have a working IVR but it does not connect to a Directory - using # or any other character. Extensions do work correctly from IVR.

Using FreePBX v.2.10 and ASterisk 1.8

Any suggestions?

Im not sure about the #, why are you using that in the IVR?

Normally, what i would do is enabled IVR direct dial feature

I want an option on the IVR to allow the user to press pound to go to dial by name.

Is that the Directory feature?

Right now I have the IVR allow entering individual extensions and then using # to select Directory.

Thanks for help

Hi …

Yes you can, the easiest way, use DISA.

In the # selection, select DISA. This will give the user an offhook tone where they can simply dial an extension.

###IMPORTANT###: Change the DISA context to ext-local, i believe the default is from-internal

Dont use from-internal bcs it gives capability to outdial (same capability as an internal extension_

I’m sorry but I may not be making my request clear.

What I am looking for is the function to allow a user to enter the first n characters of the name of the person they want to reach. I assumed that was the Directory function. I am not certain but is seems the DISA is a way to allow users to enter an extension if they know what it is rather than have it looked up for them with name directory.

thanks

Hiya

yes thats the directory / phonebook directory function which you can invoke in the IVR with your # key