IVR dial pad sensitivity

I’m having trouble on my IVR menu. When calling in from outside, pressing the selection does not register properly. Sometimes it works ok, sometimes pressing the number repeatedly works and sometimes it won’t work at all.
We are running the most current version of TrixBox CE with all available updates. Is there anyway to tune the sensitivity or anyway to adjust it for performance for inbound IVR dial pad key pressing.

Thanks,
Jim Boyles

There is nothing wrong with IVR or your setup maybe…

You are having issues with your codecs.

include the following entries in your sip_custom.conf file in /etc/asterisk folder:

externip = xx.xxx.xx.xx
localnet = 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
defaultexpirey = 1800
dtmfmode = rfc2833
port = 5060
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
disallow = all
allow = ulaw
allow = g729
allow = gsm
allow = g723

Reload asterisk

Things should work fine.

I give it a shot, I appreciate the quick info.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+DTMF

This is not the answer for everybody with DTMF.

the g711 codec is ulaw and alaw. So depending on where people are located they need to pick the right one.

G729 and G729 need licensing installed to work, Asterisk by default will only allow pass-thru of these codecs so for example from sip provide to phone, but will not work with a IVR or interact with voicemail without the licensing installed as it needs to convert it to what it understands and can record.

bindaddr=0.0.0.0 is the default so it is NOT needed.

Some of these values can also be located in sip_nat.conf and having them in more then one place can cause problems.