Its a BUG? Call keeps ringing in Queue and Ringgroup 12 seconds

Hi to Everyone!
Well, lets see, I think I found a Bug in The last version of freePBX (stable of course).
When I receive a call and the inbound route is configured directly to an extension, then that extesion start to ring. If i dont answer and the caller hang up, the phone (or sofphone) keeps ringing for 3 seconds… Thats ok!
But if the Inboud route is configured to a Quehue or Ring group, in the same situation, the Phone (or softphone) keeps ringing for about 12 to 14 seconds.
I make 3-4 reinstallations of free Pbx (stable and latest versions) No raid (also tryed RAID option), tryed with Ip phone, and with softphone and same problem.
Its this a bug? can this be solved in a nice and easy way?

Greetings!

WHat kind of trunk or phone lines? If it’s a POTS line you have some sort of supervision or localization issue.

There is no bug in the software that does this.

Hi SkukunkOH!
Thanks for tour fast reply! Whell yes, I have two PSTN (I think POTS its the same) trunks, conected to a Grandstream Gxw4104 Gateway. I talk to Grandstream support, they help me with the bussy tone, but the problem its still there and I have tryed a lot of strange configuration and reinstall FreePbx and also I tryed using a vmware virtual machine to see if there is the same problem . The more important reason why I say this “could” be a bug, its because If I configure the inbound route of this trunk to go directly to an extension it works pretty good, but if I use a RingGroup or quehue then the hangup time is increased to 12 seconds,
This monday I am going to talk again with Grandstream support, but I am not shure if the can solve this. So I would like to ask you if its in there a posibility for you to help me with a remote support using TeamViewer and If you can solve the problem I can use a Paypal account or similar to pay you for your work, lets say USD50? ( I hope not be violating the unread by me forum rules…)
Gretings!!!

I don’t think it is against any rules but it is a dangerous thing to do, not everyone is honest.

If you want paid support the best thing to do is to use Schmooze for official support.

However, I think was a little patience you can solve this.

Let me be clear, when you hang up the phone the line on the gateway takes 12 seconds to release?

If you enable SIP debugging to the Grandstream I am sure you will see the SIP “ringing” messages from the gateway.

Also, reinstalling over and over is not going to solve anything. Save your time.

Hi SkykingOH!
Well Thanks for this so much appreciated help.
Answering your question: "Let me be clear, when you hang up the phone the line on the gateway takes 12 seconds to release?"
Yes, It takes 12 seconds to be released, This ONLY happen when I select a RingGroup or Queue as the Inbound route in FreePBX, If I select an extension to be the Inbound Route then all works very good.
I use the program Syslog Watcher to capture all the debug information of the Gateway grandstream GXW4104 ( the link to this free program is http://www.snmpsoft.com/syslogwatcher/syslog-server.html )
I make 2 separated captures:

Inbound Route in FreePBX is an extension:
http://pastebin.com/TXZYDbnQ

Inbound Route in FreePBX is a RingGroup: (Here are the 12 seconds problem)
http://pastebin.com/QjeVQhRJ

I Think that when I select the Extension in the inbound route in FreePBX All the process of hangup is taken in the Gateway (Grandstream GXM4104) and all works ok. And when I select a ring group or queue the hangup process is taken by FreePBX and maybe I have to change something in the configuration, but this are only my assumptions.

If you need more information or files or anything please tell me.
Thanks For all!!!

It appears that the Grandstream is detecting neither Current Disconnect (which your POTS carrier may not have) nor Tone Disconnect.

In what country is the GXW4104? What is it connected to (lines from local telephone company, analog interface to ISDN, analog interface from cable company MTA, etc.)?
Please post settings in your device for Current Disconnect and Tone Disconnect.
Please post settings for Call Progress Tones.

Do a test by temporarily disconnecting one line from the Grandstream and connecting it to an analog phone. Call that line from your mobile or other service. Answer the analog phone and confirm that the voice path is working. Hang up the mobile and report how long it takes for the disconnect tone to start playing on the analog phone. Also, listen to the pattern and see if it matches what you have set for Busy/Re-order Tone. If not, look up the proper tone at http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/inr/forms/files/tones-0203.pdf and try that. If it still doesn’t work, make a recording of the disconnect tone, e.g. by hanging up while leaving a voicemail, open it in an audio editor, look at the frequency(ies) and cadence, then set Busy/Re-order Tone to match.

1 Like

Hi.
Sorry for the delay. I was making a lot of test, Grandstream support help me, but they could not resolve the problem.
Here are all the settings for call progress and tone disconnect.

Do a test by temporarily disconnecting one line from the Grandstream and connecting it to an analog phone. Call that line from your mobile or other service. Answer the analog phone and confirm that the voice path is working. Hang up the mobile and report how long it takes for the disconnect tone to start playing on the analog phone.

The tone disconnect signal takes 12 seconds to be hear. Its working Ok, so the process to configure tone disconnect its not necessary, but I was trying to use Current disconnect. Current disconnect works sometimes, and always work for the 1° call received after make a save and reboot in the Grandstream GXW4104. And also it work always when I configure an inbound route to go directly to an extension. If I configure an inbound route to be a Ring group or call queue the problem comes again.
Greetings and thanks for your help.

The fact that it works when routed to an extension is unimportant, because it that case FreePBX has not answered the line. Grandstream merely detects that incoming ringing has stopped; no disconnect detection is needed.

However, your observation that it works properly after a reboot is key, since your Grandstream log for the RingGroup case shows no LossOfLinePower at the time the caller hung up. To me, assuming that the line current from the PSTN really was momentarily interrupted, this looks like a Grandstream fault or bug.

Does this issue occur on more than one FXO port? If not, it could be a hardware failure. If all ports are affected, it could be a Grandstream firmware issue. Do you have a way to monitor the line current and document that an interruption occurs while the call is properly connected but the Grandstream doesn’t recognize it? A digital oscilloscope would be ideal, but even an analog multimeter in series with the line would show where the trouble lies.

Is the Grandstream connected to a copper line from a telephone company Central Office? If not, please explain what kind of connection you have (cable VoIP adapter, legacy PBX, etc.)