Issues with multiple extensions to one endpoint

I’m having issues with EPM and provisioning one of our Cisco phones. I have configured 3 different extensions and assigned them to one endpoint and while they show up on the device softkeys only one of them ever works. I’ve tried both SIP and PJSIP without any luck.

I can always call into one of them and have it ring and also call out but the other two extensions won’t let me do either.

As for the logfiles, it looks like it’s only able to authenticate one of the extensions even though all are correct.

[2016-04-28 13:29:14] WARNING[2097][C-00000000] chan_sip.c: username mismatch, have <5007>, digest has <5005>
[2016-04-28 13:29:14] NOTICE[2097][C-00000000] chan_sip.c: Failed to authenticate device “T-5007” sip:[email protected];tag=38ed18ae1d3a000b72980ede-47d1061d

Anything simple that I could be missing?

Regards,

MnBadger

Hi @mnbadger

Not sure if Provisioning manager is happy about multiple extensions to a single config file.
Thinking you may have to disable the EPM and construct the required File/s manually using the current ones as a template.
Assuming that they collect it By Mac or userID.?

I have no experience with Cisco endpoints directly so I can only assume that they can handle the three lines.?

Hv.

What model is the phone? I know a little about the 8800 and 9900 series.

We’re using the 8800 series which should support up to five extensions. I thought EPM wouldn’t have an issue mapping multiple extensions. It’s functionality feels like that’s a main feature.

For EPM we’re using the Cisco 9791G template since 8800 series isn’t supported. Everything else works as intended.

The EPM isn’t great for those phones, I ended up just creating a working config file and writing a simple tool to create a copy of it with just the needed vars changes (xtn, password etc).

I’m pretty sure there is an 8800 model phone in there though, but if thats a typo and you meant 9971, then that’s close enough (but I’d go for the 9951 as the number of line keys match)

Anyway, multiple line registrations. It is possible. I know I looked at it at some point but as I don’t have a need for it, it’s not in place. It’s a bit tricky.

The phone will not register the additional lines, it only registers the primary one… sort of. I think I remember something needs to be added to a config file somewhere, and the lines need to be configured not to register. I can check this today and post a working config.

Do you have the usecallmanager patch applied and working, because it won’t work without it.

Ok, I can get the second line to work for inbound calls but not outbound. But it’s something.

I think you may be able to get away with your current config from EPM, just add this to /etc/asterisk/sip_custom_post.conf

[101]
register=102

where 101 is the extension of the “line 1” and 102 is the second extension you want to add to the phone. Without that, it won’t take inbound calls.

I’m finding that outbound calls on that line are generating an error in asterisk of
username mismatch, have <102>, digest has <101>

I think this may be an asterisk issue and I don’t currently have a fix.

What are you referring to usecallmanager patch? I don’t believe so but the phone still functions on a single line. I also checked and there is no CP8800 template in my EPM. My EPM does appear to be up to date. I will give the custom_post code a try.

Lots of reading for you :slight_smile:

http://docs.acsdata.co.nz/asterisk-cisco/document-overview.shtml
https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-13145
http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/Cisco

Gotta get my plug in:

https://sourceforge.net/p/chan-sccp-b/wiki/Setup%20FreePBX/

Cisco phones work best with Skinny Load image and SCCP.

Sure, EPM doesn’t support it, but setting it up is reasonably simple and all of that extra reading just doesn’t need to be done (since Skinny is just another channel driver).

8800’s are SIP only, Dave.

Oh boy, looks like I have some work to do. Am I reading this right that I loose the ability to update the system automatically after this patch is installed? That is a pretty nice feature to have, especially for security updates.

Much thanks for the links.

-MnBadger

Yes. While I trust the process and have great success with these handsets, it’s not something I can recommend without caution.
I need to upgrade from Asterisk 11.21.2 to 11.22 shortly and plan to do this by using the update process in FreePBX first anyway. This will upgrade the system and remove the patch, then I’ll just repatch Asterisk and reboot.

The Cisco SIP handsets do work (mostly) without patching, but when you want more, like working BLF, or dual registrations, then the patch is required.

If your FreePBX is running in a VM, then take a snapshot before you start and there is nothing to worry about should something go wrong.

I was wondering if re-patching after a system update would be a viable option. Have you done this successfully before?

Also, I’m already running Asterisk 13. Is there any chance that the patch would work on this version? I’m already DL’ing 12 but I thought I’d ask.

Not yet, I’ll be doing the dev box possibly tomorrow and production in a few days. Don’t expect any issues. Will report back.

I was originally on A13 but used the version change to switch to Asterisk 11. The patch won’t work on anything else. You can (and should) use FreePBX 13, but Asterisk 11 instead of 13 in it. (Yay, version numbers!)

mISDNuser-2.0.19-1.4.src.rpm doesn’t seem to be available and I can’t find any upgraded version. Is there another location?

I found the upgraded version 2.0.19-1.5 which seems to work. The only issue now is that I cannot find the lower case “patch12” listed in the file. I’ll keep on this and hopefully figure it out.

ok, so I processed the update on the dev server.
I upgraded FreePBX from 10.13.66-8 to the current 10.13.66-11 using the sequential update scripts at
http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/FreePBX-Distro-10.13.66
(the dev box does not have the commercial System Admin module)

That went fine, but took an insane amount of time, not sure what server those updates came from but downloading at 30kb/s does not make for a happy me. Anyway, once those were done, the asterisk version was still 11.21.2, which caught me off guard.

11.22 has been out for a few weeks, I guess I just expected it to be in one of those updates. I didn’t bother proceeding, I’ll check the server when I get back to the office to see if the patch was removed or not (as the asterisk version didn’t change, I expect the patch won’t have been removed)

I’ve update the wiki with the newer version of mISDN and will update the asterisk and patch versions in due course, as it stands the instructions for 11.21-2 should still work fine.

Apparently I’m still on 11.21-2 even after rolling back to Asterisk 11 from 13. The issue I’m having is the step about searching for the lowercase “patch12” and adding a line beneath it. There is no other mention of patch12 in the file besides the first one with a capitol P.

asterisk11.spec line 608?