Issues with Cisco 9971

OK, so I’ve checked out this thread (Cisco 9971 phone configuration working example with setup tips), but because of the code shift when the forums moved to BBCode, I feel like I’m missing the last half of the discussion. My problem is that I’ve got a Cisco 9971 phone that refuses to display the proper date/time. It keeps getting stuck showing that it is 12/31/1981 every time I factory reset it. Even though it is registered to the system properly, it continues to process the date from that point. At this point, it is showing 1/4/1982.

I also have another issue mentioned towards the bottom of the previously mentioned thread wherein missed calls continue to show on the home screen next to the line appearances, but are not logged properly in the missed calls logs. Only a phone reboot will clear the home screen of the missed calls. Interestingly, we have a few 7962 and 7942 series phones that are working with no issues.

I am a Cisco guy by trade, and am used to dealing with Cisco CME/CUE and CUCM/Unity. I’ve also dealt with Avaya and dabbled in Shoretel, but this is the first time that I’ve ever had to get a Cisco phone working on a non-Cisco system, so any help is definitely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - Sorry for the non-link, link above, but apparently new users are not allowed to post links in threads. :disappointed: