Issues after updating from 14 to 15 - panic!

I’m in panic…
I’m running a FreePBX distro, Asterisk 15.7.2., 150 extensions, no issues at all during the last 200 days.
Yesterday I updated from Freepbx 14 to 15 (15.0.16) and now the system is unstable, suddenly the extensions are disconnected/unregistered and there is not any way to bring the system up but rebooting the machine.
fwconsole restart doesn’t work with the message that asterisk can’t be shut down.
On the side, FOP2 is not working correctly anymore, but I don’t care about this right now.
There are 2 million things I could look at but I need some advise to be efficient in the debugging process.
Any help is really appreciated, I already rebooted 5 times since this morning.
Max

Are you still on Asterisk 15.7.2? If so, you should go to 16 in case you are seeing this issue.

Did you not see the warnings during the upgrade process that FreePBX 15 is beta?

2 Likes

Yes, I saw the announcement about the Beta version.
I updated a different system, not loaded like this one, without major issues.
I can also rollback, if really needed, but I would prefer do no do it.

I’ll investigate the link you send about the removal.

Thanks for your help.

Lorne,
I’m walking through the links you sent and for sure there are some similarities with my issue. Unfortunately there are also several solutions.
According to my configuration, is switching to 16 the option you are suggesting? Any downside?
Thank you

Yes. You don’t want to be on 15, it’s already EOL.
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Changing+Major+Asterisk+Versions+on+the+Fly

Rolling back from FreePBX 15 to FreePBX 14 means installing a new FreePBX 14 box. There are not roll back/downgrade procedures for this. You move to 15 you’re on 15.

Blaze, indeed rolling back for me meant to put on-line the latest good VM backup.

Lgaetz, I updated to Asterisk 16 and in 3 days no issues. Thank you for pointing me to the right direction.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.