Issue with latest FPBX Updates

Running 3.211.63-5, and saw about 10 module updates that consisted of framework, core and so on, so figured I would apply them. After the apply, of course it asks you to reload, and when I did, it now spits out the following error and won’t complete the apply.

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

exit: 1
found language dir en_UK for broadcast, not installed on system, skipping
found language dir fr for directory, not installed on system, skipping
found language dir en_UK for directorypro, not installed on system, skipping
found language dir en_UK for pagingpro, not installed on system, skipping
[FATAL] SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword='parkext' [nativecode=1146 ** Table 'asterisk.parkinglot' doesn't exist]SQL - 
 SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword='parkext'

Trace Back:

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/sql.functions.php:11 die_freepbx()
 [0]: SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword='parkext' [nativecode=1146 ** Table 'asterisk.parkinglot' doesn't exist]SQL - 
 SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword='parkext'

/var/www/html/admin/modules/fop2admin/functions.inc.php:71 sql()
 [0]: SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword='parkext'
 [1]: getRow
 [2]: 2

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf:649 fop2admin_get_config()
 [0]: asterisk
1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

Any ideas? Was kinda surprised to see it blow up, but afraid to move forward and apply it to any of my other Distro’s at this time…

3.211.63-5 is beta software so you should not be surprised if something breaks.

That doesn’t resolve the issue of is this a known bug, and if so is any fix for it forthcoming. As a general rule, even the BETA FreePBX modules all update very well, and if there is a glitch it gets addressed…

Forgive my bluntness, but surely your job as a beta tester is to report any found bugs in the proper place,

http://www.freepbx.org/trac/newticket

Not just whine about them here.

No problem with your bluntness, but trying to see if I have an issue with something locally, or did anyone else see the problem as well? I have no problem creating a ticket, but not worth doing if I am the only person in the world that ran into this.

I mean that is the point of a discussion forum right? Or are you implying that anytime someone has an issue it should go into the trac database before any questions are posted? Sure seems to me that would junk up trac, but maybe I just have a crazy way of thinking.

So has anyone besides me run into this issue?

When did asking a question in a support forum become “whining” about it? I have participated here for years, as well as may of the other Asterisk forums? After your sharp comment I had to go back and re-read the question, and I don’t see anyplace where I was whining or complaining about the development of the project, just simply that I had an issue I had run into, and has anyone else run into it, or does anyone have a solution to the problem?

If this is no longer a support forum for FPBX, I must be in the wrong place…

Again a little bluntly if you suspect you might have an issue locally, you should stick with a released version, thus your questions would have a different slant. Too many blindly assume the beta tester role, without accepting the responsibility as to previous knowledge and agility.

Ok. Back on topic. In the newly re-designed parking lot module we don’t use the table “parkinglot” so it has been removed. It looks like your installation of FOP2 is looking at the table parkinglot. Uninstall the “fop2admin” module and all will be well with the world.

You can also download the newest version of fop2admin here: http://www.fop2.com/download.php

Hey, we don’t have to agree, that is fine, but what is the point of even taking the time to post if you don’t even answer a simple question like, have you applied the updates yourself, and did you have this problem? Well I guess unless you just like seeing your own posts or something.

I have worked with Asterisk since the packages like A@Home first came out, I always try and help out, and post full details when I encounter something, and will continue to do so. I have run production, and beta releases, and have learned long ago that all of this stuff has it bugs and quirks, that is just part of life with *.

Heck the server this is on, I could slick tomorrow and just reload, and it wouldn’t be the end of the world, I also always have backups. I have even gone to OTTS to better my understanding of Asterisk/FreePBX, but I also know this could be something that just went strange on my local PBX, and unless I ask, how will I know if anyone else has had the same problem with the latest round of updates.

So if you care to badger me about the fact that I have asked a question about the beta distro, have at it, and I suppose someone will post saying they have also encountered this issue, or this thread will just vanish into the background quickly enough…

/flame off

Ok. Back on topic. In the newly re-designed parking lot module we don’t use the table “parkinglot” so it has been removed. It looks like your installation of FOP2 is looking at the table parkinglot. Uninstall the “fop2admin” module and all will be well with the world.

You can also download the newest version of fop2admin here: http://www.fop2.com/download.php

Yes, you are correct, I use and very much like fop2, and that is a fantastic explanation, and I will give it a try. Again thanks for ignoring the flame fest and responding… :slight_smile:

Yes, you are correct, I use and very much like fop2, and that is a fantastic explanation, and I will give it a try. Again thanks for ignoring the flame fest and responding… :slight_smile:

As a follow-up to my prior post, I have installed and updated to fop2-admin 1.2.13 and it did fix the issue, and FPBX is happy.

Again many thanks tm1000…

This response was extremely helpful as I ran into the exact same issue outlined above. After upgrading the FOP2Admin module, all is well. I wish FOP2Admin could be updated directly via FreePBX Module Admin, without the need to download from fop2.com and then upload to FreePBX…

Thank you again for the direct and helpful response.

That is up to the FOP2 developer. He only has to ask.