Issue upgrading FreePBX GUI from 2.11 to 12

I’ve been poking around at other threads on this for the last hour or so and am not getting results on my end when trying the fixes.

I’ve been working through a few of our PBXs that have FreePBX 2.11 installed on Ubuntu 14.04 and updating them to version 12. One of the ones I did the the GUI will not load after updating the frame work to 12.0.76.4. I am seeing the following in my apache error log, over and over.

Mon Sep 11 10:57:06.128699 2017] [:error] [pid 6726] [client 172.24.249.201:58323] PHP Fatal error: Class 'FreePBX' not found in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Notifications.class.php on line 25

when I try and use amportal a ma list I get errors as well

# amportal a ma list

Please wait...

PHP Fatal error:  Class 'module_functions' not found in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin on line 559

Other amportal a ma commands also return errors though not always the same line number

I can provide more info on request the PBX/Asterisk is working fine still it is FreePBX only that is an issue right now,

I should have added this output originally:
# amportal a ma upgrade framework

Please wait...

PHP Fatal error:  Class 'module_functions' not found in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin on line 119

this may also be of help:

# amportal a r

Please wait...

PHP Fatal error:  Class 'FreePBX' not found in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Notifications.class.php on line 25

I’ve found a fix, I tar’ed the /var/www/admin folder, and replaced w/ a copy from from a system I had already updated.